Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: i will recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors: the project will enable participants improve skill in wikidata
- Add or improve content: new contents will be added and existing ones improved
- Information about Governors and Administrators that shaped the development of Nigeria will be available in wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- participants will do 5 online edit a thon. there will also be online training of participants by an experienced editor before commencement of the programme
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- many of the participants are my friends that i have mentioned it to. i will also share it in the social media
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- i have experienced Wikimedia editors that will lead and participate in the programme. they include
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- many participants have the skill. the new ones will be trained. Also most participants have laptops. a few laptlops will be hired for the project
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- i will continue to discuss and encourage them to continue editing on Wikidata through calls, chats etc
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- All the projects will be done online and there will be no physical contact in accordance with present rules of safety over the Covid 19 pandemic
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 5
- Number of participants: 40
- Number of new editors: 4
- Number of of articles created or improved: 120
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 36
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- i have experienced editors that have laptops
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- data for 8 participants 8 X 5 X 20= 800
- hire of laptop 15 X 4 X 5 = 300
- Wikimedia merchandise 35 X 10 = 350
- Total = $1450
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- It is a good idea Chukydyk (talk) 18:20, 6 September 2020 (UTC)
- i support this project and will be happy to participate Kid Keen 47 (talk) 19:10, 9 September 2020 (UTC)
- I support this project because it has helped me a lot to improve in my language communication Hamza bashiru (talk) 22:37, 9 September 2020 (UTC)
- It is a project I will be happy to participate in Oby Ezeilo (talk) 11:39, 10 September 2020 (UTC)