Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Online promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Recruit new users
- Add and improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- I plan to carry out 2 days awareness campaign to promote Wikipedia project in Minna capital city of Niger state. Including training of new and existing editors to enable them how to edit in both English and Hausa Wikipedia. After that there is 3 days visiting of three institutes 1 university 1 polytechnic and 1 college of education I have notified the schools authorities and they are so excited about it. I also informed staffs and students about the campaign and they are also so glad about it, because there is a lots of graduated and researchers and a lots of newspaper editors, National and internationally they are ready to give out their own contributions to English and Hausa Wikipedia. But they have no courage to do so, so this project will encourage them to start editing in Wikipedia. And I will invite media people to cover the event.
The institutes are:
- Federal University of Technology Minna
- Niger State Polytechnic Zungeru
- Niger State College of Education
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The informations about the campaign and training will be spreads by using social media channels, mailing lists, fliers, phone calls and online gathering
WhatsApp:Hausa Wikimedians User groups
Facebook:Hausa Wikimedians User group
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes! I have an experience in carrying out Wikipedia promotion campaign because i attended the first Wikipedia awareness in Kaduna state which take place at Kad ICT hub and many Wikipedia workshops in Kaduna i also participated in many Wikipedia events
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- I will get the attendance of all the participants and will share with them all the Hausa Wikimedians user group social media WhatsApp groups facebook group which I'm among the moderators, this will keep them connected and provide opportunity to answer their questions from experience users. I also plan to create WhatsApp group to ease communication before, during and after the event
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached 300 peoples
- Number of campaign participants 25
- Increase in pageviews for a Wikimedia project in Hausa Wikipedia
- Recruit 20 new editors
- Number of articles created or improved 100
- Increase skills for existing editors
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I Salihu Aliyu, an editor in Hausa Wikimedians and I'm a teacher, and I have an experience in teaching and learning and I'm an undergraduate student I participated in a lots of Wikimedia events, I also organised several events in schools. l will organise this project with the help of some experience Hausa Wikimedians editors M-Mustapha is an experience editor in both English and Hausa Wikipedia also first founder of Hausa Wikimedians User Group he organised several Wikipedia events successfully, also organiser of Hausa lexecography in Kaduna and a lots of other events. And there is Bello Na'im who is an experience editor and also an excellent in calligraphy, he organised a lots of events in and outside of kaduna
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
This is the budget breakdown for the project
- Venue for the event (hall):=$127.5*2days=$255=#52,402.5*2days=#104,805 local currency
- Local transport for 5 organisers to 3 institutes 2 universities and 1 college=$5*5*3days=$75=#2,055*5*3days=#30,825 local currency
- Accommodation for 2 Facilitators=$40*2*2 nights=$140=#16,440*2*2 nights=#65,760 local currency
- Wikipedia customise T-shirt for 5 organisers and 5 most actives participants=$16*10=$160=#6,576*10=#65,760 local currency
- Refreshments:food,drinks, snacks and water=$10 each participant=$10*25*2days=$500=#4,110 each participant=#4,110*25*2days=#205,500 local currency
- Internet bundle (data for internet access) for 25 participants=$100=#41,100 local currency
- Projector and laptops renting=$100=#41,100 local currency
- Router=$50=#20,550 local currency
- Communications, printing of fliers and printing of 1 drop banner=$150=#61,650 local currency
- Media agent and adds=$60=#24,660 local currency
- Hand sanitizer=$30=#12,330 local currency
- Participants packs (folders, wrist band, biros and stickers=$150=#61,650 local currency
- Branded Nose mask 30 pieces $2.5 each=$75=#30,825 local currency
- Transport for 2 Facilitators=$35*2=$70=#14,385*2=#28,770 local currency
- Certificates for 25 participants=$2*25=$50=#822*25=#20,550 local currency
- Contingency=$35=#14,385 local currency
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support! Salihu Aliyu is an experience editor. And This project will help to have more editors in minna. Bello Na'im (talk) 21:03, 27 June 2021 (UTC)