Grants:Project/Rapid/Psalmbusy/Training Nigerian contents creator - Ibadan edition
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: connect the participants of the Nigeria Wikipedia Content Creator Contest with Wikipedia
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Engage content creators in Nigeria
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
|10:00AM - 10:30AM||Registration||All|
|10:35AM - 10:45AM||Opening remark||Psalmbusy(Project lead)|
|10:50AM-11:20AM||Introduction to Wikimedia||Kambai Akau|
|11:25AM - 11:55||Introduction to Wikipedia||Dfertileplain|
|12:00 Noon - 12:30||Break (Tea break)||All|
|12:30PM - 1:40PM||Editing Wikipedia||Dfertileplain|
|1:45PM - 2:15PM||Lunch|
|2:15PM - 3:30PM||Basic Wikipedia Editing and How to Cite a Wikipedia Article||Kambai Akau & Dfertileplain|
|3:30PM - 4:00PM||Votes of thanks||Psalmbusy|
|Day 2 (Hands-on practical)|
|10:00AM - 1:00PM||Contributing to Wikipedia||All participants|
|1:00PM - 1:30PM||Tea Break||All participants|
|1:30PM - 2:25PM||General grading of contributions||All participants|
|2:30PM - 3:00PM||Lunch|
|3:00PM - 3:30PM||General discussions||All participants|
|3:30PM - 4:00PM||Votes of thanks||Representative of Sheda House|
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Series of training
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
- Nigeria Wikipedia community notified. See link Done
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- The participants already joined the Nigeria Wikipedia content creators WhatsApp group as that will aid communications with participants.
- We will also be promoting on social media using the already followed Instagram page
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- There would be mentorship after the training.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Kindly click here to access the Risk Assessment.
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The project is 2 in 1 as it will serve as an avenue to train content creators in Nigeria about editing Wikipedia and also create a contest to ensure massive participation
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 2
- Number of participants - 40
- Number of new editors - 25
- Number of of articles created or improved - 50
- Number of of images uploaded - 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Space: The partner Sheda House will be proving their space for us to use.
- Internet, Projector and power: The partner will also provide intent services and projector couple with power.
- Psalmbusy (orgainzer)
- Kambai Akau (facilitator)
- Dfertileplain (facilitator)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drinks: USD 13 x 40 x 2 events = USD 1040
- Pocket Hand Sanitizer: USD 1 x 40 = USD 30
- Branded nose mask: USD 2 x 40 = USD 60
- Branded Shirt for organizers and top 3 participants: USD 15 x 6 = USD 90
- Certificate of participation: USD 1 x 40 = USD 30
- Communication and Graphics (digital Banners and flyers): USD 120
- Shopper voucher prizes for best 3(for the contest):USD 300
- Travel cost for resources person and organizers: USD 40 x 3 = USD 120
- Miscellaneous: USD 50
Total: USD 1,840
- Exchange rate - 1 US Dollar equals 410 Nigerian Naira.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!