Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- We will conduct an advertising and information campaign, which includes various outdoor advertising, and placing them on buses and taxis, billboards in different parts of the city, distributing leaflets and booklets with information about various Wikipedia projects among the population of the city, including students, schoolchildren, teachers, and others. We will also meet with interested people and tell them about various Wikipedia projects and discuss the possibility of their participation in these projects.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Relevant communities will be notified via social networks and instant messengers, such as Facebook, Odnoklassniki, Telegram, WhatsApp, as well as through sites of free ads.
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- We have no experience in promoting Wikimedia projects online or offline, however there is a good conduct of various social educational activities, promotions, marathons, meetings, quizzes and competitions, advertising campaigns for various categories of citizens.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- After the end of the campaign, we plan to continue the company promotion among Wikipedia users. Together with other editors and volunteers, we plan to hold meetings with interested people at least once a month and attract them for the development of Tajik Wikipedia.
We also intend to expand the company's promotion in other cities of Tajikistan and attract more people to these companies.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Yes, such a company is being held in Tajikistan for the first time, and we hope that it will become a powerful generator for activating the users of Tajik Wikipedia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- The number of people reached-500
- Number of campaign participants-100
- An increase in page views for the Wikimedia project is at least three times.
- The emergence of new editors -10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you have? Include information about who is organizing the project, what they will do and whether you will receive support from other sources (in-kind donations or additional funding). We have human resources - these are local editors of Wikipedia in the Tajik language, freelance journalists, voloentry. The project is organized by Atokhon Ganiev-Tajik journalist and civic activist. We’ve seen more than 10 projects that could be financed by the Open Society Institute, the European Union, Internews and other international funds. He organized trainings and training for journalists, youth, women and migrants. He is an ambassador to Hostwriter.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We need funds from WMF to execute the project.
|№||To category||Local currency||In dollar||Comment|
|1||Street information stand||6 870 TJS||708.97||Eight street information stand (size 1.3x3 with an iron stand)|
|2||Outdoor advertising on city taxis and buses||5 100 TJS||526.31|
|3||Booklets and flyers||2000 TJS||206.3||Total circulation of 100 copies|
|4||Transportation costs||1000 TJS||103,19|
|5||Telephone and Internet||1200 TJS||123,83|
|6||Certificates for meeting participants||2 200 TJS||227,03|
|8||Total||19 370 TJS||1 998.96 USD|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!