Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Online promotion campaign of Hausa Wikipedia
- To have atleast minimum of 15 new users or maximum of 30 new users, according to how online users express their interest and willingness.
- Note That is I can register 15 users to above.
- To increase number of viewers visiting Hausa Wikipedia, many Hausa community does no know about Hausa Wikipedia, through this promotional campaign, I and those that will volunteer in carrying this project will promote Hausa Wikipedia to huge amount of online users.
- To have new members in Hausa Wikimedian Usergroup.
- To have many videos, images and PDF that can be use continuously to promote Hausa Wikipedia online and offline, which will serve as a guidelines and tutorial to edit, read and become an editor in Hausa Wikipedia, even after the awareness is done.
- To create one article by each new users obtain during the promotional campaign in Hausa Wikipedia. by providing hash tag of #Hausa Wikipedia online awareness in their edit summary.
- To create Video tutorials, to be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons for on-Wiki and off-Wiki usage.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- My plan is to create graphical and Human art videos, Images and PDF tutorials
- To be share, post and send to various Hausa community groups, individual users, governmental/educational bodies related Hausa and Hausa press online.
- To open a online flat form to discuss and explain basics of Hausa Wikipedia, where question and answer will be made.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I will let them know through social media handles; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, many social media users express their interest to know much and how about Hausa Wikipedia.And I also briefly notify the community on Twitter, this Twitter and this Twitter . and on Facebook on this Facebook, and this Facebook
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes, I do have offline and online experience
- I promote Hausa Wimedians User group online on twitter.
- I once participate as volunteer during Wikipedia awareness in Kaduna metropolis, both trip and training.
- I have basic primary knowledge on Information and Communication Technology.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- Well, after the online awareness is done successfully, I will stay in torch with the number of new editors I have registered, to keep on guiding them on how to gain adequate experience. also, I will use the videos, images, and PDFs obtain during the campaign, to accelerate and promote Hausa Wikipedia campaign online even after the campaign, that is; it will be use continuously to promote Hausa Wikipedia through online sharing and offline.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Yes, I will like to tell you that still Hausa Wikipedia needs more editors to support the Wiki, up to now, we are not more than 50 editors (users with number edits), of whom almost only 10 editors were active, while Hausa language is spoken by over 80 million people, mostly in Nigeria, Niger, Ivory Coast and Benin, with other West African countries like Ghana, Cameroon, Chad, Sudan and what have you.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached: I will know it is successful when it reach at least 10,000 social media users, each on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp.
- Number of campaign participants: 15 participants: I and some of Hausa Wikipedian editors will participate during the online campaign, I will also collaborate with some social media influencers to volunteer in carrying out the project.
- Increase in pageviews for Hausa Wikipedia: At least to have 70,000 page-views during the campaign and 50,000 page-viewers per day after the online promotional campaign is done.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Q1-I and those that will volunteer have computers and smart mobile phones, so no need of hiring devices.
- Q2-User:Anasskoko, Project coordinator will facilitate the online campaign with User:M-Mustapha, User:Abubakar A Gwanki and User:Musa Vacho77 with the help of other Hausa Wikipedian editors as facilitators.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- This is the budget breakdown for the online events of what is required.
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Rate (USD)||Notes|
|Total Cost of Event|
(Sumtotal :NGN495,000 (USD 1,281 )).
|1||Digitizing of PDF's||3||20,000||60,000||155||This include the cost of graphic design of PDF, which will be shared online.|
|2||Coverage and digitizing of 5 videos||5||20,000||100,000||258||This include video coverage and digitizing it, to be shared online for the campaign, the video will be of different style.|
|3||Digitizing of pictures and pamphlet||15||3000||45,000||116||This is to digitize pictures and pamphlet, which will be shared online, during the online campaign|
|4||Transportation||5||14,000||70,000||181||This is the amount to transport characters that will appear in the videos to various suitable shooting locations.|
|5||Feeding||5||6000||30000||77||During shooting, meal and tea break for volunteers and Facilitators for 5 days.|
|6||Router/Wifi with Data for Internet access||1||40,000 (Router)
30,000 X 5 days = 150,000
|190,000||492||Internet access will be provided for 4 facilitators for five days, to make the campaign, to communicate and distribute high resolution videos, pictures and PDF's, each facilitator will be given a specific social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp).|
|Grand Total: NGN495,000 USD 1,281 (350 Naira to a Dollar) as of 2nd July, 2020 on oanda.com.|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support--- I strongly support this project. - Abubakar A Gwanki (talk) 00:50, 25 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support, As Hausa Wikipedia is growing day-by-day this project will certainly boost the growth. -Em-mustapha User | talk 09:20, 3 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support, I believe this project will bring about a turn out in hausa community as we known hausa native speakers are all over the Internet but with no or less awareness about Wikipedia and it's project. This project will help in bringing them along to contribute their quarter in achieving Wikimedia goals and enhance hausa community at large. Musa Vacho77 (talk) 13:25, 3 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support As we already know, social media is one of the most powerful tools in spreading information to every angle in d globe.. Therefore I strongly believe that this online awareness will make a significant impact towards achieving the goals of Hausa Wikipedia and Wikipedia at largeUncle Bash007 (talk) 21:00, 6 July 2020 (UTC)