Grants:Project/Rapid/Oludegun/Adding bibliography of Nigerian Hospital to Wikidata & Celebrating Wikidata’s Birthday in Ibadan, Nigeria
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors on Wikidata project
- Add new and improve content about list of Hospitals in Nigeria
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We plan to organize two training on the use of Wikidata to create link-data.
- Link to the official mailing list of Wikimedia user Group Nigeria where the notification was sent. ( https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/admindb/wikimedia-ng)
- We plan to organize one editathon to fix the content gap on the highlighted gap about Hospitals in Nigeria on Wikipedia
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I plan to notify the members of the Nigerian community for engagement on the project
- I plan to create publication and announcement on social media to pick selected member of the public that will participate in the event.
- I am currently taking with Oyo State Chapter of Medical Association of Nigeria for collaboration and they have shown interest to be part of this project.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, I have started talking with some experienced Wikimedians from the Nigerian community, who have promised to be available for the event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, we have the skills needed for the event, while we are proposing that only participants with working devices will be selected for the training and editathon.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We collate details of the participants for the training, the details will be used to create a working to monitor post training activities.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- I have created a tabular analysis of data existing on Wikipedia and its Sister projects and external database
|S/n||Description||No of counts||Source||Remarks|
|1||list of Hospital in Nigeria (Wikipedia)||20||List of Hospital in Nigeria|
|2||List of Federal Medical Centres in Lagos ( Wikipedia)||24||Federal Medical Centres in Nigeria|
|4||List of Hospital in Nigeria ( Wikidata)||34||List of Nigerian Hospital on Wikidata|
|5||Approved list by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria ( External data)||108||Medical and dental council of Nigeria|
The events will host at E99 Event centre, Oluyole Estate off Rong road in Ibadan, capital of Oyo state, south-west Nigeria.
Proposed date for the eventsEdit
- Training ( October 27th and 28thst)
- Editathon ( October 29th )
- We plan to organise a two-day training on Wikidata and Usage of Tools for importing of data.
- We plan to do a cake cutting session for the celebration of Wikidata on 29 October 2020.
- We plan to organise an Editathon to address the underlne tasks
- We plan to create a bibliography for these items
- The bibliography will be imported into Wikidata to improve and create new items.
- We will link the items produced from Wikidata with the exiting articles on Wikipedia ( if neccessary)
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 3
- Number of participants 25
- Number of new editors 20
- Number of Wikidata Items to be created or improved 1000
- Number of Wikipedia articles to be linked with these data 100
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 5
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Hall Rentals for the 3-day event||98.36||3||295.08|
|Refreshment/Entertainment Lunchbreak+Tea+biscuit( 25pers per day for 3days)||13.11||75||983.6065574|
|Branded Nose Masks (PPE)||2.63||25||65.73|
|Transport Allowance for Facilitators( 3 trainers +1 Organizer for 3 days)||16.39344262||12||196.72|
|Cake for Celebrating Wikidata Birthday||150||1||150|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- SupportI could see the data-gap the project is planning to bridge, if well implemented, it will go along way to project the visibility of Nigerian hospital online Olaniyan Olushola (talk) 07:23, 24 September 2020 (UTC).
- Support this is an awesome move. I didn't even have this thought process but it's great knowing that someone is willing to fill this huge content gap. SuperSwift (talk) 04:56, 29 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support This a great idea on the right direction. Agbalagba T★C 06:37, 29 September 2020 (UTC)