Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: Massive campaign to recruit Igbo language editors that live in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Increase skills for existing editors and educate those that dont have the skill of editing.
- Add or improve content: Significantly add and improve content on the Igbo Language Wikipedia platform of notable Nigerian women actors and musicians on Wikipedia Igbo Language platform by translations, creating new pages all in Igbo language.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning a series of 6 edit-a-thons focused to improve the presence of notable female Nigerian actors and musicians on Igbo Wikipedia creating new pages.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I have discussed with some existing Igbo Language editors that live in Abuja, Nigeria, They are excited about the project and willing to volunteer their time to it. We will also use social media to call for new volunteers that we will train and adopt into the project.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, i will lead the editing team as the only Igbo Wiktionary test administrator. Other experienced wikimedians that will support the planning and implementation of the project includes:
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- They have the necessary computer devices for the project and I will be providing unlimited fast-speed internet that will be used for all the editathon meetups
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- WhatsApp Group
- Mailing List
- Face to face mentoring
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 6
- Number of participants: 38
- Number of new editors: 10
- Number of of articles created or improved: 40
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 15
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have 5 experienced Wikimedians who will attend all the events and myself that will double as editor, trainer and event planner.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink = $175 x 6 events = $1,050
- Cost of data = $15 x 4 x 6 events = $360
- Rental of workstation in cybercafe = $30 x 4 x 6 = 540
- Miscellaneous supplies = $50 (name tags, printing cheat sheets, etc.)
Total = 2,000 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Strong support There is strong need to increase the number of active editors in Igbo community
- Strong support It is necessary to increase the number of articles in Igbo Wikipedia and bridge gender gap.
--Uzoma 06:52, 6 January 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support This is much needed as its going to not just increase the content of articles in Igbo language, but also increase the number of Igbo Wikimedians.