Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: We will enroll new editors to participate in the online edit-a-thon.
- Increase skills for existing editors: Old and expirienced editors will work online together with new editors to improve skill.
- Add or improve content: We will generate new pages and improve exiting ones.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- I will do 5 online edit-a-thon
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I have already talked to my friends and i will also announce on my Facebook page and other social medias.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, i have many experienced wikimedia editors they include;
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants have laptops and they all have good IT knowledge. Many of them are also experienced wikimedia editors.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- most of the participants are my friends, We will continue to encourage and discuss with each other on social media.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- When the projects begins, we will conduct a zoom online training where all the participants, experience and non-experienced wikimedians will connect and be trained on how the the project will be carried out. Every day of the online event, there will also be a zoom meeting through out the event where all participants will connect during the edit-a-thon.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events:5
- Number of participants:30
- Number of new editors:5
- Number of of articles created or improved:60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events):20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Participants have laptops in their houses. Experienced editors have assured me that they will join in the planning and the execution.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Payment of zoom = $15 x 4 months = $60
- Payment of data (internet connection)= $17 x 6 persons x 5 events = $510
- Food and Drinks = $20 X 6 x 5 events = $600
- Wikidata Merchandise = $350
- Miscellaneous = $120
Total = $1640
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support: i think that this project will be helpful and will be happy to participate Obihoja (talk) 11:32, 18 July 2020 (UTC)
- it is important to put information on our local governments in wikidata. i support this project Anurikaonu (talk) 17:37, 18 July 2020 (UTC)
- this proposal is good as it will help Nigerian local governments be more visible. I support it Onyenachi64 (talk) 17:31, 19 July 2020 (UTC)