Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
Wiki Loves Earth will focus will focus on collecting quality pictures on Rwanda natural heritage/protected areas to participate in the WLE 2020 contest in Rwanda.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will send emails about the contest to our already existing mailing list which includes everyone who participated in the Wiki Loves Africa 2020 contest and we shall use social medias like WhatsApp,Twitter,Facebook and we shall use the our networks to spread the word.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
A local jury team of 3 judges will be selected to choose the best photos from Rwanda which will be forwarded to the international team of Wiki Loves Earth and we shall award the best 3 photos with prizes.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
A list of Rwanda natural protected heritage areas shall be obtained from the Rwanda Development Board (RDB) which manages the Rwanda's tourism and will be provided to the participants.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
The lockdown has been eased a little bit in Rwanda ,which will allow individual photo hunts,
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants:30
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons:300
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects:30
For writing contests:
- Number of participants:30
- Number of articles created or improved:10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Ndahiro derrick : Contest organizer,will create the contest landing page, register Rwanda among participating countries,answer questions via the talkpage.
- Boris Bahire : Assistant Organizer,will create social media sites and contest promotion and select the jury team
- Nyirahabihirwe Clementine: Assistant organizer,will organize individual photo hunts to the protected areas and purchase prizes.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 USD = 941.077 RWF as of 14 May 2020 
- Project budget table
|Category||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Communication outreaches||1||$100||$100||Use of social media platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram,Twitter) for advertising the contest with an aim of reaching out so many people.|
|Internet data||Individual photo upload||1||$100||$100||Internet data will be provided to allow photo upload sessions to be done on an individuals basis|
|Online closing ceremony||2||$100||$200||We shall need this to facilitate internet to all participants and the jury together with the organising team for an online closing ceremony|
|Photo hunt||40||$5||$200||This will be needed to ensure participants can move without transport fare issues.|
|Individual photo-hunts to be carried to 5 protected areas (Entrance fee)||5||$40||$200||This will carter for the entrance fee required to visit any of the protected areas especially national parks such as: Akagera,Nyungwe to mention a few. Note: This will be done individually without mass gatherings|
|Camera Rental||5||$30||$150||cameras will be hired to enhance the quality of pictures to be taken|
|Certificates||30||$3||$90||This will act as an appreciation & recognition to everyone who will have participated in WLE|
|Prizes||1||$450||$450||Awards to be given to the top 3 in terms of vouchers worthy 200$ (1st),150$(2nd),100$|
|Jury gifts||3||$50||$150||Gifts to be given to the judges in form of appreciations.|
|Contingency Amount||1||$50||$50||Unforeseen expenses.|
|Total: USD 1,690|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!