Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Online promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Engage new users
- Add and improve contents
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- It is going to be a four-days program; in the first three days, I and other facilitators will meet to tour in Potiskum and other parts of Yobe State especially the Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges as well as some Secondary Schools in the state for Wikipedia promotions campaign and awareness. While on the fourth day, we will organize a workshop to teach how to edit Wikipedia for the participants.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I will let them know via our social media handles and Hausa Wikipedia Discussion page and Hausa Wikimedians User Group Talk page on Meta-Wiki. I also made the announcement on Wikipedia User Group Talk page
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- I have been involved in Wikimania 2021, I also attend many Hausa Wikipedia meetings and programs virtually. Also there is an experience user Gwanki, who have been leading similar campaigns in Kano, he will help me to do it.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- After the event İ will continue to engage our participants via a special WhatsApp Group which I will create for the participants. Meanwhile, I will get the attendance of all the participants during the event and I also plan to create WhatsApp group to ease communication before, during and after the event.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
Wikipedia Promotion in Yobe Risk Assessment Tool Form
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached 1000+
- Number of campaign participants 40
- Increase in pageviews for a Wikimedia project
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I Musaddam Idriss will lead the event with the help of Gwanki and other two peoples one is a MC and the other is a Public speaker.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S/N||Item||Quantity||Unit Cost (NGN)||Total cost (NGN)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1||Training space||1||122,928||122,928||300||space for the training venues.|
|2||Data (internet access)||1||40,976||40,976||100||Data for internet access during the trainings|
|3||Laptop and Projector renting||1||40,000||40,000||100||Laptop and Projector will be rented for the event|
|4||Snacks and refreshments||40||3,000||135,000||329.46||40 participants to participate for the training + 5 Facilitators|
|5||Bus tickets||5||3,000||15,000||36.61||Bus tickets to/from to reimburse organizers for the training|
|6||Banner||1||40,000||40,000||97.62||Banner to be used during the training and for future initiatives|
|7||Food & Beverages||3 Days trips X 5persons||3,000||45,000||109.82||Refreshment for organizers/volunteers during the trips.|
|8||Transport||3 days trips × 5 persons||3,000||45,000||109.82||A vehicle will be hired for transporting organisers, volunteers for the trips.|
|9||Fliers/pamphlets/Tags||--||40, 000||40, 000||97.62||To be shared during trips|
|10||Branded Wikipedia T shirt||5||5,000||25,000||61.1||This is for the organizer and four volunteers for their identification during trips|
|11||Certificate||40||40,000||97.62||Certificate will be distributed for the Participants|
|12||Accomodations||4 days × 2 persons||5000||40,000||97.62||This for the accomodations for two experience editors that will be envited|
|13||Transportations||2||15,000||30,000||73.21||For envited Experience editors transport|
|14||Contingency fees||During the whole event||50,000||50,000||122.02||for contingency|
|-||TOTAL PROJECT COST||1||669,908.43||669,908.43||1,634.88||**Forex rate used is $1 = 380.50, provided by the Central Bank of Nigeria|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support, This Project will help for Promoting Wikipedia not only in Yobe State but to Northeastern Nigeria. - —Gwanki✉ 09:54, 1 October 2021 (UTC)
- Strong Support -M Bash Ne (talk) 15:46, 1 October 2021 (UTC)
- Support! This project will increase more Wikipedia pages visitors and it will promote Wikimedia projects in Yobe state Salihu Aliyu (talk) 15:47, 2 October 2021 (UTC)
I Support Umar-askira this project because it will implement a potential impact to Yobe State people and also promote Wikipedia project in the state societies.