- To find more collaboration with different organization, Institute like the previous time.
- To make Wikipedia more familiar with the other participant of the conference.
- Make the audience more knowledgeable with more wiki project Specially Wikipedia Education Program by the Presentation.
1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
- As I am the Selected participant of this International Conference, I will a Presentation on a Selected topic which is “Wikipedia- Advanced and authentic educational tool” my main goal will be to make the audience knowledgeable about Wiki Project specially Wikipedia, Wikipedia Education Program, How Wikipedia is Working & to remove some myth busting related Wikipedia. The Conference has more importance in different way first of all it is one of the key conference in Asian region included some focal points of Education in Asia where a lot collaborators meet and Share their presentation so it Will be great to present Wikipedia and Wiki Projects in this prestigious Conference. Secondly as it’s a gathering point of Educators, Collaborators of Asia so it will play a vital role to Outreach.
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
- Yes I will present a 20 minutes presentation based on my selected abstract, here is the invitation letter I have prepared this presentation with the help of Wikipedia Education Program Team member. It will be a power point presentation.
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
- I would like to mention that I have previous experienced in the term of Outreach activity like I did on Thailand & Srilanka which is also a part of Conference Outreach plan, last year I have joined ICEEL 2017 where I met some Professors from Srilanka and under my guideline they have established a Wiki Club in their University(Sri_Jayewardenepura University Wiki Club) & running their Wiki Activities regularly.Inauguration Ceremony of Sri Jayewardenepura University Wiki Club On this Conference I have the similar plan. To make familiar with Other Participant how they are working for Education, specially after my presentation those Educators will be interested to learn more about Wiki Projects and those who will be interested to Run any wiki activities in their institute I will be in touch with them regularly like the previous time. Another thing I would like to mention that in this Conference I would like to know more about other Organization or Institute like how they are working in Open Source movement specially in Education then it will be more easy for me to make a good collaboration. Besides I am presenting a presentation on details so the audience will have a great chance to know more about Wiki Project. Here i attached my last two successful TPS report link:
Small Wiki Booth in Conference Venue: I have requested a Wiki Booth Besides the Reception to contain some Wiki brochures and Flyers for the Participants and the Speaker. As i think it will be a more Promotional Outreach activities in this Conference. Waiting for the Confirmation from the Committee.
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
- Generally in this type of Conference we have the chance to meet with other participants in off time which is also important for follow up, so I will try to collect the contact details of the participants who will be interested to my presentation. Previously I had done in this way and it shows a better outcomes. Besides this there will be a group email due to Conference Updates I will let you the time and topic of my presentation which make them more interested.
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
- My Focal point will be the participant from South Asia & South East Asia as I have the experienced of three years on the method of Education on this reason also the Outreach method. Please note that the I have draft plan to start a Wiki Club at “Tokyo Institute of Technology” as its our conference venue and I will have the chance to meet with the faculties. Already I have drafted another guideline for the new institute who are interested to run Wiki Activities from my previous work in Srilanka.
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
- Nowadays Social media is the best way for group contact like the Chat group, as its more fast and easy. But I prefer to collect mail address as a contact details of new contacts as its more convenient and systemic way to Contact. There will be a following group email those will be interested to join with me later after the Conference. Previously I had made the Connection between the Education Team and the interested participants for fluent work this time I will also try to engage the Education Team in the meetings.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of presentation attendees: 85(approx)
- Number of new potential partners: 5
- Number of outreach activity participants: 10
|Flight||900$||Dhaka-Tokyo-Dhaka by Singapore Airlines|
|Accommodation||352$||3 Nights at Hotel Gracery Tamachi|
|Food||200$||Per Day 50$(4days)|
|local Transportation||100$||Both In Bangladesh & Japan (Visa purpose)|
Note: It will be great if WMF Book the Flight,Hotel,registration fees and Others send as a Advance reimbursement.
- He is actively working with the Wikipedia Education program for a long time. I know him personally to do this kind of work. Not only in Bangladesh he regularly works with several universities around the world. NC Hasive • talk • 13:59, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --J. Ansari Talk 16:16, 12 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Athikhun.suw (talk) 16:32, 17 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Kritzolina (talk) 10:39, 11 August 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support--Ananth subray (talk) 03:16, 28 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- We need this kind of outreach! Theklan (talk) 14:44, 3 September 2018 (UTC)