Please see the sample Equipment application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal. For example, if you want to add content on a specific subject.
1. Add and improve the content on Wikimedia platforms.
2. Engage the volunteers of the User Group of Côte d'Ivoire.
3. Increase the User Group's work capacity
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment?
- This equipment will enable us to produce content (information, activity report, media, etc.) on Wikimedia projects such as Wikipedia, Commons, Meta, etc. It will be used to reinforce African content, particularly those related to Côte d'Ivoire.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
- During the next 6 months we will organize training sessions and workshops, in-person and remote meet-ups.
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
- The four (4) devices will be allocated to the Executive Staff of the User Group. These people will regularly produce content; they will deliver a monthly activity report of their editing activities.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
- The equipment will be used by the User Group for at least 6 months.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This equipment requested will allow the User Group to experience a more fluid Internet connection, to conduct its activities more easily and to enable an efficient collaboration of the executive staff remotely.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of photos uploaded: 100
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 10 (10%)
- Number of articles created/improved: 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
|BUDGET EXECUTIVE STAFF EQUIPMENT IN WIFI POCKET|
|Descriptions||Quantity||Flat Price||Total Amount (FCFA)||Price (560 USD)||Notes|
|Pocket wifi 4G||4||46 000||184 000||331,36||Equipment for accessing internet.|
|Internet credit for six months||6||50 000||300 000||540,26||50 000 CFA represents the monthly internet fees for 4 pocket wifi. These fees will be paid during 6 months (6* 50 000 CFA)|
|Transport allowance||1||20 000||20 000||35,54||The allowance will be granted to person who will purchase the Pocket wifi.|
|TOTAL AMOUNT||504 000||907,63||It’s the total amount in Francs CFA and in Dollar.|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support As in several parts of the Global south, in Cote d'Ivoire too, a working internet connexion is a luxury, though a necessity for efficiently editing content, preparing and running wiki-activities. This request will have a good impact on the UG activities. African Hope (talk) 12:24, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Wikipedia projects could not be possible without the Internet. Especially in Africa where it is still a luxury. A quality Internet connection would allow Wikimedia Côte d'Ivoire, the local Ivorian Association to be even more operational. Aman ADO (talk) 14:28, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support I did not know the grantee until now and, after looking at his past contributions on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons, and seeing that he is involved with the local user group and will use the equipment for training sessions, I personally support this grant. One thing I notice though, (s)he is making the request in his/her name, but I think it would be more beneficial if this equipment belonged to the user group and not the individual contributor. Thank you, Amqui (talk) 19:32, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support This equipment will allow the user group to increase its working capacity, to be more efficient. Mouahé (talk) 22:12, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Even if we can work with wikipack now, it'is not yet enough for all the team during workshop and other meeting, so the user group need this equipment.Yasield (talk) 08:32, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support I don't know if need be to remember that it's impossible to contribute on Wikipedia without Internet. And knowing the difficulties to access this tool in our countries, I can only bring my support to this grant, for the equipment will be of great help to the Ivorian community. Kctzch (talk) 16:56, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support This equipment will allow the user group to increase its working capacity, to be more efficient. Emmanuel Dabo (talk)