Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content relating to Women and Indigenous communities
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- One editathon
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- An event has been created on the Art+Feminism program. Will also inform the WikiWomen project and WikiProject Biography/Arts and Entertainment. We will also be attempting to reach new editor via Facebook and a press release.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- We have three experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will have a few laptops on site available for loan. We will also provide training resources and a training session for new editors.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Mentors will monitor the work done by new editors and will engage with them via email following the event.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 1
- Number of participants 20
- Number of new editors 5
- Number of of articles created or improved 20
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The physical space is being provided by Algoma University. A resource library will be available on site for folks interested in doing research that way. Library staff will be on site to help with research questions and finding appropriate sources.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drinks = $150
- Printing (name tags, cheat sheats etc) and promotion = $50
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!