Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
- Recruit new editors outside Tirana, Albania
- Add or improve articles related to cultural heritage of Albania
- Empower collaboration with GLAM institutions in Albania
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning to organize an editathon with 20 youngsters and the Museum personnel with a special focus on the monuments of culture related to the Korca region. This is one of the first activities of Code4Herritage Hackathons that we are planning to organize, part of a series of editathons, in collaboration with GLAM institutions in Albania.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The discussion board of the SQ Wikipedia, Open Labs forum, the Open Labs Hackerspace facebook and twitter pages and the WCUGA twitter page are only some of the communication channels that will be used to promote the event.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- At least 2 experienced wikipedians from Wikimedia Community User Group Albania will be present at the event and will mentor the participants.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We are planning to work on the official list of Monuments of Culture of Albania and will also use photos from Wiki Loves Monuments competitions from the previous years. In addition, we will use laptops and hardware from Open Labs hackerspace for participants that do not have hardware with them.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Using the Education Program Dashboard we will follow up with the participants also after the event. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programs_%26_Events_Dashboard
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1 (part of the broader Culture4herritage program that will have more events in different cities in Albania);
- Number of participants: 25 participants (including students and also Museum personnel);
- Number of new editors: 20 (we are expected to have new contributors);
- Number of of articles created or improved: 60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): there won't be repeated participants since the other editathons will take place in different cities.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Transportation to Korca (6 persons/mentors): 60 Euro
- Accommodation (6 persons/mentors) for 2 nights: 210Euro;
- Catering for the day of the event: 150 Euro (lanch break, coffee, snacks)
- Finance officer: 50 Euro
- Photographer: 55 Euro
- Unexpected costs: 52.5 Euro (10% of the total cost)
Total cost: 577,5 Euro
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support I believe this project will be a good opportunity to find new editors and help more people to understand what Wikipedia is and how they can benefit from its values, especially in a region with a significant cultural heritage such as Korçë and its surroundings. Pavlos1988 (talk) 20:43, 14 April 2018 (UTC)