Grants:Project/Rapid/Kilimanjaro Youth Community/WikiForHumanRights: Right to a Healthy Environment 2022
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
- Add content about human rights, environmental health and diverse communities impacted by environmental issues around the world into Swahili Wikipedia
- Recruit new editors to join us
- Engage existing editors to participate in this first time project in Kilimanjaro Tanzania
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions: We will provide Whats-app and telegram link to People who are willing to join the campaign. Also they can join the community by sending membership request to firstname.lastname@example.org . 1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will do a series of edita-thons and trainings.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- Telegram Group=[]
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will inform people about the workshop by making online brochures and posting information on whatsapp and telegram group.
Also We will use our social media platforms (Signal group, facebook page,Instagram page and Twitter).
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- yes I have,
• Organizing team of 5 peoples like IT supporters, Web developers, linguists. • For the equipment some of participant have their own laptops and we will add more 5 laptops.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will use our social media platforms (Signal group, Telegram group,facebook page,Instagram page and Twitter). I will post on 
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? This will be the 3rd #WikiForHumanRights campaign in Tanzania and we are happy to host this campaign again this year as its articles are very important for people to understand and know their human rights.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of participants=Atleast 25
- Number of articles created or improved= Atleast 100
- Number of of articles created or improved
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). The resources that I have are
• Organizing team of 5 peoples like IT supporters, Web developers, linguists. • *Justine Msechu-Trainer and Project Manager • *Ebenezer Mlay-Project moderator • *Iddy Ninga-Community engagement faciliator • *Hussein m mmbaga-Online Mentorship Lead • * Anuary Rajabu-Onwiki impact evaluator • We have 3 laptops and few of participants that they will come with their own laptops during the events.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
• Internet bundle $50x 3days = $150 • Venue $100 x 3days = $300 • Projector $22 x 3days = $66 • Reimburse volunteers for local travel to attend the events :$129.84971 x 3days = $389.54913 • Communication among the facilitators & emergency,& Bank rates)=$215 • Logistics Transport and follow up2@70USD = $141 • Food and Drinks $7 x 3 days x 30 people = $630 • Photographer $13 x 2days = $26 • TOTAL AMOUNT = $1,917.5
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I surport the project because i am the one among the member who want to participate in WikiforHumainright campain in my community Kilimanjaro Youth Community Brenda Philbert (talk) 07:51, 2 March 2022 (UTC)
- I recommend this project because it will be held in my community and I will be one of the participants. Kelvin Philipo (talk) 08:27, 2 March 2022 (UTC)
- I recommend this project because it will be held in my community and I'm one of the participants so it will be easy to communicate with other participants in Kilimanjaro Hussein m mmbaga (talk) 12:49, 2 March 2022 (UTC)
- Volunteer I'll participate in article editing 22.214.171.124 05:33, 4 March 2022 (UTC)