Grants:Project/Rapid/Kid Keen 47/Photowalk on Shere Hill Ushafa Dam and Environs
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content- we will add many pictures in wikimedia commons
- Recruit new editors- new people who are interested in photography will participate and hopefully get interested in commons
- Engage existing editors- existing editors will also participate and get more used to wikimedia commons
- the photographs to be added will provide a good pictorial information of this region
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- I will encourage each participants to individually carry out at least 4 Photo walks. i expect about 7 participants.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- we will photograph scenes including hills, valleys, dams, caves, relics of cultural worship items, unique plants etc from Shere hill down to Ushafa dam located in the middle belt region of Nigeria.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- we will organise an online edit a thon to put the photos and stories about the photos in wikimedia commons
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some of the participants have cameras. However we will rent 4 additional cameras. Before commencing the project, we will hold an online discussion on good photography and on how to navigate the area.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- i strongly believe that after these photos are put in Commons, it will be used by several Nigerian and foreign bodies as we do not have pictures from that belt available and free in any other platform
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants 7
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 210
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects 30
Places to photographEdit
|1||Terminus||this is the largest indoor market in West Africa. it started during the colonial rule in Nigeria and have many interest extensions|
|2||Riyom Rock Formation and environs||this is a wonderful rock formation inhabited by the Berom natives. It developed to have local religious practices and crafts and carvings for such practices|
|3||Pandam Game Reserve||have rear local plants and animals in its natural state|
|4||Jos Wildlife Park||have its own variety of wildlife|
|5||Kurra Fall||waterfall with surrounding lakes, camping sites, rock climbing, boating, and other activities|
|6||Shere hills||have different cultural relics and location including caves, mountains, traditional hurts, local hunting, and farming implements, etc|
|7||Ushafa dam||A dam with surrounding relics of early European settlements, different vegetation, traditional settlement, and other activities.|
|8||Many other areas|
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I had earlier participated in a leadership tour in that area and I developed relationship with natives which will help in the project. I have also mentioned the possibility of this project to them and they are happy to support.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Renting of 4 cameras 80 X 4 = 320
- Payment of local transport fare to participants 30 X 7 X 4 = 840
- Food and Drink during each of the Photowalk 15 X 7 X 4 = 420
- payment for data for the participants during edit a thon 20 X 7= 140
- Miscellaneous= 140
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I know Shere Hill and Ushafa Dam. i think that pictures from this area will be rich and will show important part of Nigerian environmental landscape. i support Anurikaonu (talk) 17:14, 9 August 2020 (UTC)
- i support this project as pictures from Ushafa Dam and Shere Hill environs will be appreciated and useful to many Oby Ezeilo (talk) 19:53, 10 August 2020 (UTC)
- i support and will like to participate Onyenachi64 (talk) 15:51, 12 August 2020 (UTC)