Grants:Project/Rapid/Jamie Tubers/Ilorin Wikimedia Hub Bi-Monthly Workshops
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Discuss strategic plans for the hub
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- The purpose of these meetups and workshops is to enable Ilorin Wikipedians, most of whom cannot attend the workshops and meetups in Lagos, the chance to learn about editing Wikipedia and Wikidata. The new community in Ilorin looks promising and these events will be organized in order to keep the hub active and to inspire the Wikipedia volunteers who reside in Ilorin, as well as to recruit new volunteers.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- There's a whatsapp group for the hub already. These meetups will be announced via that platform, as well as, on the mailing list and our social media platforms.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Discussions will continue on Whatsapp and the available mailing list. Further clarifications on Wikipedia and its policies, will continue to take place through these platforms.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants for each workshop: at least 20 participants
- Number of new editors for each workshop: at least 5
- Number of articles created/improved on Wikipedia/Wikidata for each workshop: at least 10 articles/pages.
|S/N||Item||Quantity||Unit Cost (NGN)||Total cost (NGN)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1||Venue||1||10,000||10,000||33||Heavily discounted fee given by space owners.|
|3||Food and refreshments||20||3,000||60,000||198|
|4||Backup Generator hire and fueling||1||15,000||15,000||50|
|5||Contingency and miscellany||1||20,000||20,000||83|
|5||Travel support for WUGN lead||2||10,000||20,000||66||Reserving cost for attending 2 out of the 4 workshops|
|6||Accommodation||4||20,000||80,000||263||accommodation for 2 nights, for 2 workshops|
|-||TOTAL PROJECT COST||600,000||1,969||**Forex rate used is $1 = 304.75, provided by the Central Bank of Nigeria|