Grants:Project/Rapid/Igbo Wikimedians User Group/Stakeholder Engagement
Please see the sample Travel application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Expand network of potential partners
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects
- Recruit new editors
- To ensure that content production and consumption in the various Igbo Language platforms of Wikimedia is given front row focus.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
- To create partnerships, introduce Wikimedia Projects to more Igbo people and organisations in South East Nigeria and also train them
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
- Yes we will be carrying out trainings and workshops in institutions and organizations
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
- Workshops and Meetings
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
- Social Media, Meet ups and Email
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
- The Governor, Anambra State
- Commissioner for Ministry of Diaspora Affairs, Culture & Tourism
- Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment
- Senior Special Assistant to the Governor of Anambra State on Youth Development $ Digital Entrepreneurship
- Head of Department and Lecturer, Igbo Language & Linguistics, University of Nigeria, Nsukka Enugu State
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
- Appoint a Wikimedian in Residence, Emails, meet ups
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of presentation attendees:30
- Number of new potential partners:5
- Number of outreach activity participants:40
- Number of new editors: 25
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding.
- Training Venues
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Bus fare from Anambra to Enugu - $5.5 x 3 = $16.6
- Flight Tickets for 3members (to and fro) = $277.7 = $833.3
- Food - $4.16(per plate) for 3 members (7 days) = $87.5
- Accommodation in Anambra State for 3 members $195.8 (7 days) = $587.5
- Internet - $41.5
- Accommodation in Enugu State for 3members - $125 (7 days) = $375
- Transportation within the target city (Anambra) (Taxi and Bike fare) = $13.8
- Transportation within the target city (Enugu) (Taxi and Bike fare) = $13.8
- Miscellaneous - (Printing, banner etc) = $31
Total = $2000
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- It will increase content in Igbo language and culture in the different Wikimedia projects. Uzoma 13:17, 2 August 2018 (UTC)
- This is quite relevant and I believe that the partnerships gotten will go a long way in amplifying the Igbo language projects of the Wikimedia Foundation. Blossom Ozurumba (talk) 16:40, 2 August 2018 (UTC)