Grants:Project/Rapid/Igbo Wikimedians User Group/Stakeholder Engagement/Report
The project goals were achieved to a large extent.
The project goals was met to a larger extent as it helped add more people to the community of the Igbo Wikimedians User Group, created more awareness for Wikimedia Projects, led to the creation of Igbo Wikimedians User Group Hub, Anambra State, partnerships with the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor of Anambra State on Youth Development and Digital Entrepreneurship, Digipreneur Hub (Anambra State), Anambra State Ministry for Information and Public Enlightenment and Centre for Memories, Enugu State.
Please report on your original project targets.
We had a series of trainings on Igbo wiktionary and WikiCommons which focused on adding more contents and enlightening them on the different Wikimedia projects.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of Presentation Attendees (30)||Number of Presentation Attendees (90+)|
|Number of new potential Partnerships (5)||Number of new Partnerships (4)||The targeted number of new potential partnerships was 5 but the actual outcome was 4. This was as result of the busy schedules of the commissioners in the other Ministries we visited.|
|Number of new editors (25)||Number of new editors (30+)||We exceeded the number of new editors targeted. The 3rd day was amazing as the trained new editors trained over 20 persons.|
|Number of outreach activity participants (40)||Number of outreach activity participants (70+)||We exceeded the number of targeted outreach activity participants.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment was happy to receive us and eager to partner with us.
- Event targets largely reached
- The people in the Centre for Memories, Enugu were excited about the User Group and promised to collaborate with us every way possible.
- The project helped add new Community members to the Igbo Wikimedians User Group. Develop a new Hub in Anambra State.
- What did not work so well?
- Due to the busy schedules of the commissioners, we were unable to meet with some of them.
- As a result of the 2019 General Elections, we are yet to sign the Memorandum of Understanding with the Anambra State Ministry of Information and Public Enlightenment.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We would allocate more days and time to enable us accommodate the busy schedules of the government officials.
- For the election, we can only exercise patience until it's over and everything goes back to normal.
Grant funds spentEdit
- Flight Tickets for 3 members (to and fro) = $396.66
- Transportation from Anambra to Enugu - $55.55
- Transportation from Owerri airport to Anambra - $61.11
- Food = $33.33
- Accommodation in Anambra State for 3 members = $1250
- Internet - $58.33
- Transportation within the target city (Anambra) (Taxi and Bike fare) = $6.66
- Transportation within the target city (Enugu) (Taxi and Bike fare) = $13.88
- Local transport to and from Abuja Airport = $47.22
Total = $1922.74
We would like to keep the remaining funds as we will be applying for a new grant to continue with the Stakeholder Engagement. I am excited to see that more editors in the south east are glad to identify with the Igbo Wikimedians User Group Community and the present and prospective partnerships. Also, we are yet to sign the Memorandum of Understanding between the Igbo Wikimedians User Group and the Anambra State Ministry of Information and Public Enlightenment due to the general elections.