Please see the sample Equipment application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal. For example, if you want to add content on a specific subject.
- The goal of this Hindi sanskrit Wikisource project is to
- Recruit new editors who can work on Wikisource (Primarily) and Wikipedia .
- Train existing Wikimedians of Hindi and Sanskrit Community to work in individual capacity as well as collaboratively for Wikisource (Primarily) and Wikipedia .
- Digitize works and integrate with Hindi and Sanskrit Wikisource and Commons.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment?
- Our Volunteer will be working to document all of the books donated to us .(we already have 20 books )
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
- Training of existing wikimedians on “How to digitize work for Wikisource”,including scanning,proofreading etc.
- Conducting Edit-a-Thons to proofread and update the content.
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
- The equipment will be primarily shared between editors from Hindi and Sanskrit and most of the major activities will either be conducted in Bhopal and Ahmedabad (Karnavati).The transportation of equipment will be done in person from either of the 2 communities (item will not be transported by couriers/carriers),a letter of acceptance,stating the equipment is received in good and working condition, will be handed over to the other member and the receiver will sign it and take further responsibility of the equipment.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
- Primarily it will be used “only by wikimedians” for at least 6 months on either of the 2 places mentioned above,later on also it can be used by the community members from both the community ,upon requesting and endorsed by community members on their respective village pump.No person outside the wikimedia fraternity will be allowed to use the equipment.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The scanner proposed to be bought with this grant to digitise the archive documents of better quality and in bigger volume, due to the fact that the proposed scanner is much faster ,auto-feeding handheld type as compared to slow flatbed scanners which require manual processing.
- Editors and contributors from both the community are in touch with Gujarati wikimedians also to incorporate gujarati books in this project later on.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- 7 contributors with 50+ edits on Hindi sanskrit Wikisource per month.
- 3 contributors with 200+ edits on Hindi sanskrit Wikisource per month.
- 50 new books Scanned/digitized and integrated onto Wikimedia Commons.
- 6 new books digitized and integrated in Wikisource.
- 6 new books proofread on Hindi sanskrit at the end of the project.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The volunteers who will work on this project don't have scanner .Swapnil Karambelkar, will order the equipment, store the Scanner when not in use, monitor the tracking log, and coordinate sharing among group/community members.
- Volunteer: Swapnil Karambelkar
- Volunteer: Suyash Dwivedi
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Scanner - 45,000 INR
- Training and Events - 16,000 INR (This includes travel reimbursements and refreshments for participants)
- Miscellaneous - 5,000 INR (This will be to support other ongoing activities of the group)
Visit here for equipment tracking
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I will actively contribute into this project. I hope, I will help to build good content in Hindi, Sanskrit and other languages. NehalDaveND (talk) 13:58, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
- Technology always help in such kind of projects, having a good quality equipment Will boost the project,I will help in this project with my full capacity --Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 18:21, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
- I am quite positive and confident about the outcome and new prospects ,propelled by this equipment and activities related to the plan.It will, not only boost wikisource Hindi/Sanskrit ,but will also be helpful for other wikimedia projects.:-Swapnil.Karambelkar (talk) 06:43, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
- There is a lot of knowledge hidden in our Indic language texts. Uploading them to wikisource is a great step. Shypoetess (talk) 09:01, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- I strongly agreed with Swapnil.Karambelkar idea and it will help most of the peoples who can not get the books which are under copy-write---- Sushma_Sharma (talk)
- Happy to see some activities being planned for Wikisource, in India. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 18:36, 29 January 2018 (UTC)