- Add Quality content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest aims to motivate Hindi speaking community to document and create a good quality article in their language (Hindi) as per Wikipedia standards, starting on Hindi Day 14 sept 2017.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Through Site notices on Hindi Wikipedia
- Notifying all the local Indic language communities, for making sure that the news is spread to as many as possible.
- Through Official Hindi Wikipedia Facebook page
- Through Official Hindi Wikipedia Twitter page
- Through Official Hindi Wikipedia Mailing List
- Through Official Hindi Wikipedia Whatsapp Group
- Through Personal Facebook/Twitter/Whatsapp page of Team Members of Hindi Wikipedia
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Articles can be made on any subject for this competition but the subject of the article should be notable,
- Articles do not violate Wikipedia's rules,
- The article should be larger than the Stub level.
- there should be at least two references in the article and a category needed.
- The article will be judged in connection with knowledge, drawing, linking Wikidata, linking other articles etc.
- Only new articles can be included in this competition, and a member can nominate any number of articles.
- In case of translated articles, the article should not be machine translated.
- The result will be calculated from the Points earned.
Size (in bytes) count Points
- 4000 bytes or more =1 Point
- 10,000+ bytes 2 + 1 =3 Points
- 20,000+ bytes 3 + 2 +1= 6 Points
- 30,000+ bytes 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 =10 Points
4. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
|स (talk · contribs)||coordinator|
|आर्यावर्त (talk · contribs)||Coordinator|
|स (talk · contribs)||Lead judge|
|आर्यावर्त (talk · contribs)||Qualitative stream|
|राजू जांगिड़ (talk · contribs)||Subjective stream lead|
|Anamdas (talk · contribs)||General|
|Suyash.dwivedi (talk · contribs)||General|
|Swapnil.Karambelkar (talk · contribs)||General|
Wikimedia projects primarily Hindi Wikipedia will be greatly benefitted by this competition.Many new editors are expected to join Hindi Wikipedia and this event will also motivate existing contributors.
For writing contests:
- Number of expected participants =50
- Number of expected articles to be created =300
(in Indian Rupees)
|Shipping expenses (note 1)||3,500|
|Maintenance tasks (note 2)||2,000|
|Prizes and Certificates||38,750 (note 3)|
|5 consolation Prize 5x1000||5,000|
|e-Certificates to all participants|
|T-Shirt 50Pc (note 4)||18,750|
- Shipping expenses include charges that of mailing the Letters for correspondence and t-shirts to the respective targets.
- Maintenance includes printing physical copies of documentation, holding bills of various expenses, contact between coordinators and judges etc.
- All the prize amounts mentioned above will be disbursed in the form of
- T-Shirt proposed in the budget will be used as merchandise for future inter-community events/meetups of Hindi wikipedia.
Swag request S.No Item(s) Quantity 1 Globe stickers (50 pack) 4 sets 2 Wikimedia Project stickers (14 pack) 7 sets
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Good initiative. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 06:12, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support This is First Local event of hindi community. we need it.आर्यावर्त (talk) 07:01, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support Excellent initiative.--Anamdas (talk) 09:29, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support Good Initiative-- Raju Jangid (talk) 09:36, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support as proposer and also belive that competition will bring out the best out of the editors and will encourage new editors to contribute.Swapnil.Karambelkar (talk) 02:31, 21 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support Excellent initiative.-Jayprakash12345 (talk) 07:48, 21 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support Its really a good initiative in Hindi wikipedia , I strongly support -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 10:29, 24 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support It will certainly help Hindi wiki a lot,Strong support :Vijay Tiwari (talk) 12:47, 25 September 2017 (UTC)