Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- create awareness of different Wikimedia projects to the community of kaduna state university and how they can begin to contributes.
- Online promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Recruit new editors.During the event some students will like to create account in order to start editing.
The wiki hub Kaduna state university,is a hub for undergraduate,postgraduate students and staffs of kaduna state university with the purpose of contributing to wikimedia and her related projects.The hub is based in the campus and run by the students with coordination from Hausa wikimedian UG.The hub promotes wikimedia projects (English Wikipedia,Hausa wikipedia,and commons) among the members through the execution of projects,meeet-ups and regular edit-a-thons as a way of exposing the students to the movement.The hub will be husting regular meet ups,Workshops,photo walks,and more that will cater to and lead to attraction of students and staffs of the university.We aim to reach and generate interest in members of the university who may not utilize wikimedia projects and contribute to wikimedia resources and also create a community of staff and students to support those who are currently involved with these projects.The aim of this hub is to raise young wikimedians across the various academic disciplines as well as cultural diversity in the university community.It will help students to know and contribute more to Wikipedia projects.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
- We intend to host a 2 day launch that will be open to all students and staff of the University to understand what Wikimedia is all about, why they need to contribute and how they can contribute. This event will also create an enabling environment for participants to become members of the Wikimedia community as they join Wikimedia community. On
Day 1: Creating awareness of the hub around the campus by moving around the university campus, handing out fliers in common places and various departments and faculties as well as talking to people one on one in order to make Day 2's turnout massive
Day 2: The key program will be a plenary session that will centre on introduction to Wikimedia projects; after which a Question and Answer session will commence. A 'wikicake' will be cut to commemorate the birth of the hub.It will also be a symbolic gesture of the immense wealth of free knowledge which Wikimedia shares freely to all of mankind.
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- We plan to carry out a project that will kicked start a wiki hub at kaduna state university which will be a Wikipedia editing community at the university
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- by using kaduna state university students social media channels and hausa wikimedians user group channels
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- yes!I do have an experience in carrying out Wikipedia promotion campaign because i have attended the first Wikipedia awareness in Kaduna state which take place at Kad ICT hub and many Wikipedia workshops in Kaduna i also participated in many Wikipedia events
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- A WhatsApp group is already in place. New members will be added to this group for further interaction and information. Any challenge faces during editing will be addressed on the WhatsApp group so that experienced members can support. The club would be having edit-a-thon once in a month, and this will be an enabling platform for collaboration on improving editing skills.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- yes https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BcfHOQp9uIMOLsJrdwlF6d8yYKJrCimW/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=112160140986866109775&rtpof=true&sd=true
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- User:M-Mustapha Wiktroduction, an introduction to Wikimedia and her projects.
- User:Bello Na'im, you are wiki, an introduction to why to contribute to wikimedia projects and how to contribute to these projects (with focus on the Hausa Wikipedia).
- User:Salihu Aliyu , commons, a brief introduction to Commons and how to upload media files with a brief introduction to copyrights used in commons.
- I will be giving a talk on introduction to wikipedia guidelines and policies.
They will entertain questions and answers too. Random trivia questions and facts will be thrown to the audience within each speakers talks.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of total participants - target audience is 50
- Number of people who will help organize the event - 6
- Number of active editors involved - 5
We will know if the project is successful after the series of two days awareness.The number of targeted participants is 50 for the whole of the event,if the number of the targeted participants has reached that would mean success.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). I am Abdullahi Hamza Ilyas,i am the project organizer at kaduna state university,undergraduate student,and the current president of the National Association of Geography Students Kaduna state university(kasu)chapter. Here are the names of experienced Wikipedia editors to serves as coordinators of the event: user:M-Mustapha,user:holysman,user:itzedubaba,user:Umar a usman,user:Salihu Aliyu,User:Bello Na'im,
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Costumize shirts and caps $190
- Transportation,Data &Communication=$250
- Banners,fliers,and tags=$300
- Face marks &sanitizer=200
- Wrist band & memo=$72.69
- Camera rental=$65.11
- Generator rental=$70
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support. I believed in this project and I know the facilitators are well seasoned and are fully committed to the project.itzedubaba
Support. This project will be a good way to ensure that members of the kaduna state University Wikimedia continue actively contributing during this period in the absence of physical meetups.Umar a usman (talk) 14:00, 12 July 2021 (UTC)
- Support We have seen impacts from university wiki hubs around the country, definitely this hub will be another success story from Kaduna, lets get them involved! M-Mustapha (talk) 21:47, 13 July 2021 (UTC)
- Support actually am in support of this project all because it's a very welcome idea and it's for our own benefit,we the students of Kaduna state University Holysman (talk) 22:29,26 July 2021 (UTC)
- Support this project will help to have more editors in Kaduna state university. Bello Na'im (talk) 08:37, 27 July 2021 (UTC)