Grants:Project/Rapid/Global Open Initiative/Wiki Loves Folklore 2020 Ghana
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each g
- Add more images about cultures in Ghana and improve articles by integrating these images in their related articles or creating articles for non existing articles on Ghanaian cultures about the various ethnic groups in Ghana
- Recruit and train new editors through the various photo expeditions, upload sessions and edit-a-thons.
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Commons and other sister projects.
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- Two photowalks, a maximum of 20 on each walk
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- Pictures and videos of the cultures of the various ethnic groups in Ghana including the Ashanti's, the Gas, the Ewes and the northerners will be captured. The diversity of Ghanaian culture is not well portrayed on Wikipedia and the internet at large.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- Some images taken will be used to improve articles by integrating these images in their related articles or creating articles for non existing articles on Ghanaian cultures about the various ethnic groups in Ghana
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Two professional photographers will join us on our walk to ensure quality and good pictures are taken
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- A minimum of 15 participants in photowalks sessions.
- Upload a minimum of 400 photos from this contest.
- Use about 20% of the total images on Wikimedia project
- Improve at least 10 new articles
- Create 10 new articles
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- User:Celestinesucess is a wikimedian who will facilitate the upload session and also assist with logistics. She has participated and helped organize past Wiki Loves Monuments and Wiki Loves Africa Contest in Ghana.
- User:Shahadusadik is an experienced Wiki Loves Monuments participant. He has participated in the 2016 and 2017 editions of Wiki Loves Africa and Wiki Loves Monuments. His photo was selected among the favorite 64 photos of the 2016 edition of Wiki loves Monuments and was the second highest contributor in Ghana. He is a trained editor and a professional project manager with experience in coordinating Wikimedia projects in Ghana. He will coordinate the event and handle all communications on social media.
- User:Amuzujoe is a wikimedian and photographer who has experience in organizing photo walks. He will oversee all the activities of the project.
- User:mwintirew is an active wikimedian in the Ghanaian community. She will coordinate the project report.
- User:Masssly is an experienced Wikimedian who will serve as an adviser for this project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Item||Quantity||Unit GHS||Total GHS||Comment|
|Transportation||20||100||2000||Transportation for the entire two trips|
|Refreshments||20||60||1200||Food and Beverage for the entire trip|
|Venue||1||600||600||Venue for upload session|
|Internet||1||300||300||Internet Bundle for upload session|
|Upload Session Refreshment||20||60||1200|
|Water||3||100||300||For two trips and the upload session|
|First Prize(Gift voucher)||1||650||650|
|Second Prize(Gift voucher)||1||450||450|
|Third Prize(Gift voucher)||1||300||300|
|Grand Total in GHS||8100||1 USD = 5.54130 Ghc|
|Grand Total in USD||1,461.75||Based on Oanda Exchange (January 30, 2020)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I endorse this request Sunkanmi12 (talk) 19:42, 31 January 2020 (UTC)
- I endorse this project request Nana yaa series (talk) 19:51, 31 January 2020 (UTC)
- I endorse this project request Kinvidia (talk) 20:17, 31 January 2020 (UTC)
- I strongly support this project.Jemima2019 (talk) 20:19, 31 January 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support I fully endorse this project and I will definitely join the photo walk. Shahadusadik (talk) 20:29, 31 January 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Mwintirew (talk) 20:42, 31 January 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support This is the first time the Ghanaian community is participating in the Wiki Loves Folklore photographic contest. —M@sssly✉ 20:52, 31 January 2020 (UTC)