- Expand network of potential partners
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects
- Recruit new editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
- This is an Internet Freedom conference in Africa happening in Ghana and as Wikipedians we are very much concerned about the freedom of the internet to work we do as open movement advocate.
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
- Yes all 3 of us would be presenting on various topics around how Wikipedia works.
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
- Sandister Tei will be on a panel discussing Wikipedia and the whole Wikimedia Movement she would use that opportunity to speak to the work we do at the user group and intend use that as an outreach.
- Wikipedia 101: A Practical Session: The session will give an in-depth understanding to participants on how the online encyclopedia Wikipedia, works – the editorial principles (policies and guidelines) that shape the content, its governance system and the communities behind it. See schedule.
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
- We have been in contact with the Forum organizers and they have already sent out word about our participation in the forum.
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
- We would have a sign-up sheet to gather information on all those who would come to our section and follow up with them moving on.
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
- Try and recruit them to join Wikimedia Ghana User Group.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of presentation attendees: 100
- Number of new potential partners: 5
- Number of outreach activity participants: 20
- Number of new editors: 5
- Number of of articles created or improved: 0
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Day 1 Travels||GHS 60|
|Day 2 Travels||GHS 60||GHS 60||GHS 60|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- This is a great opportunity for the Wikimedia community in Ghana to showcase their work, expertise, and raise awareness about Wikipedia and Wikimedia related subjects. I have been working with the Ghana user group since the begin of this specific opportunity, and I fully endorse this and look forward to a success participation of our Ghanian community. JRabah (WMF) (talk) 12:20, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support Owula kpakpo (talk) 13:01, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support Enock4seth (talk) 14:50, 27 September 2018 (UTC)