Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- We want to raise awareness about the protection of nature through the use of photographs.
- Raise awareness about free licensing of photographs to Botswana photographers.
- Increasing participation of local contributors to Wikimedia commons.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- We will focus on collecting photos that are protected in heritage sites/ monuments.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will post details on our facebook page and the newly created telegram channel for the contest. We also have our existing Whats-app group which we used for the past contest Wiki loves Africa Botswana.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will have a Jury team of three people who will help in this contest and select three best photos and award prizes to them.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will use the strategy for the Wikipedia pages (Heritage sites) wanting photos, where We will be selecting a list of stub articles and improve using the uploaded images.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We had an interesting contest (Wiki loves Africa under the theme transport). Therefore we hope this one ll bring out the best results too.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants ː 25 Participants.
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons ː 250 images uploaded.
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projectsː 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Candy Tricia Khohliwe: Assistant Project Organiser (Will be responsible for Jury team selection)
- Mompati Dikunwane: Project Organiser
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Communication :-------- Contest advertising in Social media platforms = ̯$120
- Internet Data:---------- Internet data will be provided to participants individually = $150
- Closing Day (Ceremony)------- There will be a closing online ceremony therefore the internet data will be provided to both participants, Judges and organisers = 300$
- Photo hunting in protected areas therefore certain fees will be paid up = $ 210
- Certificates of appreciaton----------- = $250
- Prizes (Three top people awarded)---------- = $600 ($300 for 1st prize, $200 for the 2nd and lastly $100 for the third prize).
- Other (Unknown) Expenses------------ = $100
- TOTAL : $1730
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!