Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors and create an active group of contributors on the Design subject.
- Increase skills for existing editors.
- Add or improve content (Design subject)
- Involve french Design schools to contribute through courses.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We expect to do 1 training followed by 3 Editathons over 6 months in different cities to improve/create/translate articles about Design and designers.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We already did 1 session last year, helped with Wikimedia France. We have communicated on the project page, also our facebook page and website page that we will organize soon others editathons. We will also use the design schools in different cities to communicate to their students (4 schools have been identified and contacted, waiting for an editathon to happen).
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we have 2 active contributors : Myself (Dizaineur) and Koulmab. We may also have support from Sarah Krichen WMFr (she helped with the last sessions). We often go to Edit-a-thons, especially with Les sans pagEs Project. For my part, I already organized one Edit-a-thons (with Wikimedia FR) and some introductions to contribute on Wikipedia.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The participants are mainly beginners. We will support them and explain them at beginning of each edit-a-thon the main rules of Wikipedia. We also check individually their contributions after the editathons. Last year, Wikimedia France supported us to help participants contribute.
- Regarding the equipments, we usually ask participants to bring their own laptop, and some books.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- At the end of each Edit-a-thon we create a homework list and stay connected with the group through a facebook group (not started yet) and the discussion page of the project.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We can have support from Les sans pagEs contributors.
- The field of design on Wikipedia is poorly documented, and the designers who contribute on wikipedia are rare. We also expect to show and teach design schools how can they use wikimedia projects in their courses and how students can contribute in different ways on Wikipedia while learning.
- The Editathons will be open to everyone (not just students).
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 4
- Number of participants : 40
- Number of new editors : 30
- Number of articles created or improved : 40
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) : 2
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have 2 wikipedians/designers from the Collectif Bam group who will organize and lead the events.
- We have places in differents cities (Lille, Paris, Toulouse, Bordeaux) where we can work on site (mainly design schools)
- We have stickers and Helping Books from Wikimedia France.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and Drinks = $100 x 4 events = $400
- Transport for the 2 organisators/wikipedians (from Paris to other cities) : $350 (back & forth) x 4 events = $1400
- Miscellaneous supplies = $100 (printed posters, guide books)
TOTAL = 1,900 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!