Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Recruit new editors.
- Promote the Wikipedia and its sister projects among students.
- Organize Workshop to motivate and train the students to edit Wikipedia.
- Build a Task force team in school for further Wikipedia activities and event.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We will choose one school of Rajbiraj to organize the training class and workshop for the students. We will collect the data and other reliable information from Municipality Education Department and District Education Office to select the educational institution for the training class. We will train them about how to contribute to Wikipedia and its sister projects. The training will be open for all students of the educational institution but the Workshop will be limited to interested students. We will build a Task force team of students for further collaboration and we will try our best to sign a MoU with educational institution.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We have notified the community through
- Maithili Wikipedia Village Pump - WEP in Rajbiraj
- Community Group at FB
We know the importance of Wikipedia in Education, so why we are targeting the group of students to contribute to Wikipedia.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- For the sustainability of this project, we will establish a task force team of the students to run the further Wikipedia activities in future at the same institution. We are expected to train around 30 to 40 students. We will create a Whatsapp group and Facebook group to follow up the trainee students.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants during training event: 100+
- Number of total participants during Workshop event: 30+
- Number of Training events: 5
- Number of Workshop: 1
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable): 30+
- Number of Team Meetup: 1
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have a team of experienced Wikipedians, who is willing to work in this project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|Training Event||5 Training event will be conducted in Educational institution (Food and snacks)||15000×5||75000 NPR|
|Workshop event||1 Workshop event for emerging students (Breakfast, Food, Hi-tea and Event charge)||60000×1||60000 NPR|
|Meetup event||1 Meetup event with team (Food and beverages)||15000×1||15000 NPR|
|Gift item for guest and teachers||15000||15000 NPR|
|Internet Connectivity and Communication expenses||Connectivity during the events||20000 NPR|
|Stationery items||5000 NPR|
|Transportation||Fuel and local transportation charge||10000 NPR|
|T-shirt||T-shirt for Team||1000×6||6000 NPR|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||4000 NPR|
- Support Nepal definitely needs investment in outreach, especially in the areas of Education and GLAM. After Wikicamp Nepal, such activities would serve as excellent followups to build the community. I am confident that Biplab can pull this off. KCVelaga (talk) 04:37, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- @KCVelaga:, I don't understand why you think so. There have been many educational event and outreach activities in the past and none of them have been able to create any significant long term result. I think we are focusing too much on outreach instead of building a good onwiki environment for the newcomers.--BRP ever 11:47, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
After observation of past events and outreaches, I don't think we need another similar event on Rajbiraj where there have been so many events before. We have done so many outreaches and educational programs which have not been able to produce long terms results, I think we should take our time to think the things we need to improve.--BRP ever 11:47, 10 September 2019 (UTC)