Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Increase awareness about other Wikimedia projects within the Unilorin Community
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 2 trainings
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- The Wikimedia Nigeria community has been informed here.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Members of the Wikimedia Fan Club Unilorin will be informed via the club's WhatsApp group chat and it will be posted on the Club's Instagram account as well. A broadcast message and a graphics image promoting the event will also be shared in various WhatsApp group chats whose members are University of Ilorin students.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Participants are expected to have mobile phones and/or personal laptops which are the necessary equipment. They also possess the skills necessary to participate and contribute high quality content. if there are any skills they do not have, they will be trained by the organizers in the course of the project.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
New editors will be added to the club's WhatsApp group chat and participants will continue to be engaged on the group chat after the end of the project.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 2
- Number of participants - 50
- Number of new editors - 15
- Number of of articles created or improved (Wikipedia) - 50
- Number of of articles created or improved (Wikiquote) - 20
- Number of of Wikidata items added - 50
- Number of of images uploaded on Wikimedia Commons - 15
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) - 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
At the club, we currently have editors who are experienced in each of the Wikimedia projects listed above. They will be in charge of training participants. What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drinks - (₦2000 * 40) * 2 = ₦160000 | $388.53
- Internet - ₦20000 * 2 = ₦40000 | $48.57
- Stickers - ₦10000 | $24.28
- Jotters - ₦16000 | $38.85
- Camera rental - ₦10000 * 2 = ₦20000 | $48.57
- Hoodies - ₦6000 * 10 = ₦60000 | $145.7
- Mugs - ₦3000 * 10 = ₦30000 | $72.84
- KeyChains - ₦1000 * 20 = ₦20000 | $48.57
- Contingency Funds - ₦25000 | $60.71
Total - ₦406000 | $985.88
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I believe in the project because it aims at getting awareness, improving and bridging the gap between Wikimedia and the world. Building new editors and improving existing editors.
Strong support This project will serve as an avenue for the wikimedians at the institution to gain more knowledge about Wikipedia and its sister projects. Major Lyte (talk) 21:50, 15 December 2021 (UTC)
Strong support In light of the continued need for well-nurtured Wikimedians who are skilled on all/most Wikimedia projects -and not just Wikipedia- it is necessary to lay the foundations for a continuous drilling of members, after this set of adept editors are out of the University campus. I endorse this project.Pojo07 (talk) 06:54, 16 December 2021 (UTC)
Strong support This is a development that has been needed for a while now and it has come at an appropriate time too. The various helps it will provide are going to be tremendous. I support this very much. Mir koks (talk) 08:51, 16 December 2021 (UTC)
Strong support I'm in total support of this project as this development would help gain more knowledge and improve the skills of wikimedians in the University campus. Ifedohlapo (talk) 10:34, 16 December 2021 (UTC)