Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- The project is to involve widely dispersed Australian communities. It is to seek involvement with the current Strategy process cycle.
- The focus will be on three key groups. The contributing community, the existing partnership communities, and the wider GLAM and government information collection sectors.
- For effective facilitation, and continuity, with clear communication, and reporting of this process cycle, in a limited time period it it necessary to have an in person engagement at the multiple locations by a single co-ordinator.
The Project Plan is to facilitate discussions around Australia about the Strategy. This application is looking at Adelaide, Brisbane, Dawrwin, and Sydney. Melbourne and Perth are not part of the costing in this application, as they have already been covered by Wikimedia Australia in this process.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Host public session with contributing communities and the GLAM sector
- Discussions with individuals and organisations in the GLAM sector
- Engage where possible - retired and disengaged editors individually
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Establishing process of communicating with the Australian editing community at wikipedia, facebook and other online avenues
- Email, FB
- The Strategy process is involved with targeting established editing communities, former editors, and potential editors by going through a number of on-wiki and off-wiki avenues -
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Created a survey and collection of responses that can be channeled to the larger wikimedia community in the Strategy Process cycle 2
- The Strategy cycle 2 has a reporting deadline of June 12 - all involved parties to that date will be kept in contact with the processes that follow, and on-going contact will be sustained.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total currently involved in wikimedia project participants in the survey process at any level - 30 to 40
- Number of in-depth surveys of all types of participants and non active or involved participants - limited to time constraints - 10 - 20
- Number of currently uninvolved establishments or groups introduced or networked with regarding possible collaboration - 10 to 20
- Number of formerly involved wikimedia project participants in the survey process at any level - 20
- Number of new active partner organisations - 5
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Facilities and space in State Library of Western Australia in Perth as part of a current active collaboration to provide a base of operations and communications during the Strategy process
- Active communities and partners in the cities being visited to assist with on ground activities
- Ancillary cost support from WMAU for the overall strategy processes
- WMAU to cover additional cost increases should they occur between time of quote and time of booking
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Travelling costs - $AU 1,550 as at 25 May 2017
- Accomodation costs - $AU 1,100 as at 25 May 2017