Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: Will encourage new female participants to maximize the contribution of female editors in the Bikol Wikipedia.
- Increase skills for existing editors.
- Improve existing content, and add new translations about art and feminism in Bikol language.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- There will be a series of four editathons which will be conducted every weekend to accommodate the schedule of students and employed participants.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The activity will be posted via social media. Posters and fliers will be given also to public and school libraries. Direct communication within the community will also be an effective way to invite interested participants.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- We have at least two experienced Wikimedia editors, Dang Brazal and ShiminUfesoj , and we also plan to invite a group of local artists to further improve contents on articles related to arts.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will avail PC rentals since public libraries are closed during weekends. Participants will be informed to bring their laptops if they own one. In case there's a need for additional PC, we can provide two units which is personally owned. An additional wifi router is also available to avoid traffic in internet connectivity.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- During the entire duration of the event, we will monitor the improvements on the edited contents. We will also do coaching on the basics of editing for those who are new on Wikipedia. After each event, a small forum will be conducted to know what were the learning, the points that needs further developments, and to schedule follow up edit-a-thon if needed.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This activity also aims to achieve the consistency of newly recruited editors even after the event. Also, a priority for inviting new female editors will be mostly considered for female empowerment.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events:4
- Number of participants:20
- Number of new editors:15
- Number of of articles created or improved:70
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events):10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have two experienced Wikimedians who will be present during the entire duration of the event. A local art group will also be invited to provide additional information and expertise with regards articles tackling art.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1. Food and Drinks = Php 850.00 x 7 participants = Php 5,950.00 x 4 events = P23,800.00
- 2. PC Rentals = Php 500.00 x 5 participant = Php 2,500.00 x 4 days = Php 10,000.00
- 3. Internet Service = Php 3,000.00 x 4 days = Php 12,000.00
- 4. Communication Expenses = Php 5,000.00
- 5. Printing expenses = Php 2,500.00
- 5. Contingency Expenses = Php 2,500.00
Total Expenses: Php 55,800.00 / USD 1,102.42
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support -Filipinayzd (talk) 16:27, 2 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support It's exciting that this proposal includes four events! Endorsing on behalf of Art+Feminism. --Kiraface (talk) 22:09, 14 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support! Dee.arcilla (talk) 04:18, 3 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support Cpfffr (talk) 19:41, 17 January 2020 (UTC)