Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors, especially women.
- Add or improve content about women on Portuguese Wikipedia, as well as other wiki platforms when possible, especially related to the art and media universe.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning a series of 3 editathons, preferably around the International Women’s Day (March 8th), focusing on improving articles about women and by women. However, the dates are still in negotiation with the institutions.
- One editathon about women, art and media, at Faculdade Cásper Líbero (Cásper Líbero College) - Dashboard link
- One editathon about women, art and history, at Museu Paulista da USP (Paulista Museum) - Dashboard link
- One editathon about women, art and activism, at Instituto Moreira Salles (Moreira Salles Institute) - Dashboard link
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Our events will happen in partnership with cultural or educational institutions. Therefore, we will use their social media accounts to share the editathons.
- For wiki users, we will share the event on the Portuguese version of the “Village Pump” (the “Esplanada”) and on the page for “Portuguese Activities”. We will also make use of the social media of Portuguese Wikipedia, as well as the social media of the Wiki Movimento Brasil User Group/Wikimedia no Brasil.
- There’s also some other channels, like Slack, that will be use to get in contact with the closer, more connected users.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, the Wiki Moviment Brasil User Group has experienced editors who will lead the editathons — around five available — and give lectures about the subject of editathon at the start of the day. They all have already led other editathons in the past, including ones that constituted the Art+Feminism Campaigns.
- We also have some other members of the group who are able to help and give support to the participants during the events.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The first event, at Faculdade Cásper Líbero, we will have a computer lab open, which is part of the institution, so that the students do not have to bring their own laptops.
- However, the other two events will need labs with internet and computer access. In a country like Brazil, requiring or asking attendees to bring their own laptops can be a major impediment to attendance and lowering the event’s adherence.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The members of Wiki Moviment Brasil UG are usually available to keep helping new editors, generally by email or social media.
- The event’s page, on wiki, will also have all the information necessary for the new editors to get in touch or continue their work, if they choose to.
- Usually, pictures, presentations and the event’s status (statistics, numbers, etc), through the Dashboard, are posted on the official page, as well.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project is also part of the effort conducted by the Wiki Moviment Brasil UG to act towards educational projects, especially those related to GLAMs. In this case, the Museu Paulista GLAM and the Instituto Moreira Salles GLAM. It is also motivated by the Diversity Plan, produced by the group, to act on minority issues in Brazil.
- The group has also held the Art+Feminism editathons in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, with the theme “Women and Media" (Mulher e Mídia), at Cásper Líbero. The group also organized three editathons with the Museu do Futebol (Soccer's Museum) about women in football (I, II, III) and supported the editathon “Mais Mulheres na Tecnologia - Programaria (São Paulo)", to help improving content about women in the technology and science universe.
- Expected schedule for the events:
- 14:00 - 14:30 Opening + theme presentation
- 14:30 - 16:00 Editing
- 16:00 - 16:30 Lunch Break
- 16:30 - 18:00 Editing
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 3
- Number of participants:
- Faculdade Cásper Líbero: 50
- Museu Paulista da USP (Paulista Museum): 20
- Instituto Moreira Salles: 20
- Number of new editors:
- Faculdade Cásper Líbero: 30
- Museu Paulista da USP (Paulista Museum): 10
- Instituto Moreira Salles: 10
- Number of of articles created or improved: Between 30 and 60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): Between 5 and 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have five experienced Wikimedians who will attend the events, two event planners and some mentors who might appear in different events.
- Paulista Museum and Instituto Moreira Salles will also provide some of their staff to help during the event, not only with important research information, but probably also with infrastructure of some sort. However, they do not possess the funds to help with computers and food.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Rent of space with computers, internet access and data show: $ 215 * 2 = $ 430
- Food and drinks: $ 88 * 3 = $ 264
- Printed material: $ 30 * 3 = $ 90
TOTAL: 784 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support It's exciting to see three different events in this proposal! Endorsed on behalf of Art+Feminism. --Kiraface (talk) 02:38, 16 January 2020 (UTC)
- Great to see 3 Brazilian institutions planning to host A+F editathons! This is very important to spread the word about the campaign in the country. Museu33389 (talk) 13:54, 17 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support Cpfffr (talk) 19:41, 17 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support I endorse this project. Shahadusadik (talk) 21:28, 20 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support I support this plan to build on the effort of the past few years in Brasil. --Theredproject (talk) 14:48, 21 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support -Isaac Kanguya✌ (talk) 17:51, 21 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support Armineaghayan ArmAg 18:17, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
- Nawaraj Ghimire (talk) 08:53, 27 January 2020 (UTC)
- love that you're doing three events! Elenacmunoz (talk) 19:49, 31 January 2020 (UTC)