Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Recruit new editors in Fulɓe Wikipedia
- Recruit female editors in Fulɓe Wikipedia.
- Engaged existing, though they are few not more than 3 and are inactive. due to lack of experience.
- Reach people Offline
- Reach people online
- Create official Fulbe Social Media Handles.
- Create articles.
- Increase pageviews.
- Engage Fulbe Country communities.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- In this project we plan to provide an Online and offline awareness for Fulbe wikipedia.org, offline by visiting different places and settlements of Fulɓe people. During the visitation we planned to explain what Wikimedia Projects is all about, especially for the native Fulɓe people, we will give them phamlet as a guide and invite the interested ones among them to an upcoming schedule training for Fulɓe Wikipedia, where they will be train on how to edit Wikipedia and create articles.
- Online by making 5 days awareness about Fulbe Wikipedia, to promote the wiki in social media, by creating Fulbe Wikipedia channels on social media, with a plan and strategy in attracting the attention of Fulbe people to join.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I have notified Fulɓe native offline, they should prepare for the event to take place, also online in Fulɓe Wikipedia discussion pages below. https://ff.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussion:Hello_ja%C9%93%C9%93orgo#Fulbe_Wikipedia_Awareness_and_Workshop
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
Yes I have both online and offline experience, I have successfully carried out Online Hausa Wikipedia Awareness, it is during Online Hausa Wikipedia Awareness that I encounter many Fulɓe people and natives, as I explained during the Project report, we receive many request to train Fulbe people, finally we decided to engage them for better Wikimedia activities in Fulbe Wikipedia.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- After the campaign has ended, I will stay in torch with the interested editors, as we currently have a WhatsApp group for Fulɓe Wikimedians on Whattsapp, I squeeze to show them how edit and navigate in editing process.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
Yes there is two in person event.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
This project is highly needed to take place, because this is the first time project will take place in Fulbe Wikipedia, because We receive many requests from Fulɓe community to show them how they can take part in Wikimedia Movement right from the moment we are carrying Online Hausa Wikipedia Awareness. Fortunately, we stick with some of them and I think this is the right moment to empower Fulɓe community into Wikimedia Movement as their engagement is very low, as you see in the impact analysis Let's engage them towards 2030.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached = at least 500 people offline
- Number of people reached = at least 10,000 people online
- Number of campaign participants = 10 participants online and offline.
- Pageviews will be increased = From to
- Editors will be recruited = 30
- Users experience will be improve in Fulbe Wikipedia.
- Articles will be created. 50 articles.
- To have Nigerian Wikimedians in Fulbe Wikipedia, as Nigeria is one of the most spoken language of Fulbe in the world.
- Create official Fulbe Wikipedia Social media handles, WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The following is the statistics provided by stats.wikimedia.org about Fulbe Wikipedia, and is the impact we are looking forward to provide.
- Total page views 148K November 1.76% month over month Which is very low, will be increase to 200k
- Page views by country Countries with the most views for November No Nigeria or any Fulbe native speaking countries.
- active-editors monthly Active editors https://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediansEditsGt5.htm Which is Zero
- Edited pages 10 November -37.50% month over month Only July has the highest edits of 209 edits in the last year 2021.
The above statistics is is what we want to achieve in Fulbe Wikipedia and to make a great impact towards 2030.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Notes|
|Total Cost of Event|
(Sum total :NGN (USD )).
|1||Hall||2 days||120,000||240,000||Cost for venue to hold a training.|
|2||Data||3 days||80,000||160,000||Cost of data to carry out training and to upload audio and video files to Wikimedia Commons, for 2days event and one day online training.|
|Reimbursement||20 - 30||5,000||90,000||Data reimbursement for participants to join online training and as VideotoCommons and other tools consume data.|
|3||Graphics design images:||10||1,000||15,000||Images that will help in making promotion online, and images to be used in during the projects|
|4||Transportation||2 days||------------||200,000||The amount to spent for transportation of organizers, and the participants from place to place|
|6||Certificate||15||2,000||60,000||Certificate of participation to participants|
|7||Computers Rental||25 - 30||4,000 X 30||120,000||The amount for computer rentals, we want each participants to have computer for technical activities and for Wikimedia activities.|
|8||projector Rental||2 days||20,000||40,000||Projector for two days events.|
|9||Food & snacks||2 days||-------||200,000||The amount of money to spent for food to participants and organizers that will help in carrying the offline awareness for 7 or ten days.|
|9a||Food & snacks||10 days||250,000||The amount of money to spent for food to participants and organizers during training. Refreshments for participants, it is going to be snacks, water and drinks.|
|10||Medicals||2 days||------||98,000||Amount to buy medical materials for safety against Covid19, these include nose mask, hand sanitizer, hand wash.|
|11||Branded T-Shirts and Merchandisers||50||-------||89,000||Merchandisers: T-shirts, Caps and note book.|
|12||Pamphhlet||30||5,000 X 30||150,000||A small guide book on all the activities of program, to be shared among participants.|
|13||Miscellaneous||------------||100,000||In case of any unexpected budget which might arise.|
|Grand Total: 1,812,000 NGN / 4,402.76 USD (1 USD = 410.936 Naira to a Dollar as of Dec 31, 2021 in oanda.com)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!