Grants:Project/Rapid/Anasskoko/Audio and Video Edithathon in Wikimedia Commons
This is project is all about engaging existing editors on Audio and Video upload into Wikimedia Commons for usage in Wikimedia Sister projects, this project will train existing editors on how to record audio files, convert those files to desired format needed in Wikimedia Commons (Audio .ogg and Video .webm), and to make use of those files to Wikimedia Sister projects.
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project?
I have receive many request from existing editors to show them how upload audio and video files, saying '' they can't upload audio and video files'' not knowing that audio and video files have to be converted to suitable free license extension format, such makes them unable to know ways to convert audio and video files to format like .ogg/.webm , as a result of that this project is design to improve the skills of existing editors on audio and video recording, equalization, conversion and uploading the files, the above process will be carried out using application soft wares . this project will develop users skills and will increase the number of Audio and Video files into Wikimedia Commons from existing editors.
or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant.
At the end of this project editors will possessed much experience on how to upload Audio and video files, that's we hope to see many audio and video files.
Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Existing editors = 25 to 30
- Number of Audio and Video files to upload 400
- Number of Audio and Video files to make use of 50
NOTE THAT: This project is targeting users experience to improve their skills in technical activities like recording, equalization, conversion and uploading files ( Audio and Video) into Wikimedia Commons.
Will train existing editors on following
- Recording: Train existing editors on how to make a recording of audio and video files using Wikimedia tools and application soft wares.
- Equalizations: Train existing editors on how to balance frequency distortion and equalization using application soft wares.
- Conversion: Train existing editors on how to convert Audio and Video files using application soft wares and Video to Common Wikimedia tools.
- Uploading: Train existing editors on how to make an upload using Upload Wizard.
- Linking: Train existing editors on how to link files, using template.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We will spend our time carrying the above activities.
- And we will organize three series of event, that's two in person events.
- First online event: to introduce participants to Wikimedia tools like Videotocommons, open source application softwares for recording, conversating and equalizing Audio and Video files. (Tools Introduction)
- Second in person events: How to use those application and tools in contributing audio and video files to Wikimedia Commons.
- Second in person event: How to upload, and uploading of Audio and Video files, linking and usage of relevant uploaded files into Wikimedia Sister Projects.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Interested users have been notified here Talk:Nigerian Commons Photographers User Group
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Already in torch with the participants.
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes we are running three in person events.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants 25
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable) 10
- Number of Audio and video uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable) 400
- Number of Audio and video used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable) 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Rate (USD)||Notes|
|Total Cost of Event|
(Sum total :NGN (USD )).
|1||Hall||2 days||120,000||240,000||585.3||Cost for venue to hold a training.|
|2||Data||3 days||80,000||170,000||390.2||Cost of data to carry out training and to upload audio and video files to Wikimedia Commons, for 2days event and one day online training.|
|Reimbursement||20 - 30||5,000||90,000||219.5||Data reimbursement for participants to join online training and as VideotoCommons and other tools consume data.|
|3||Graphics design images:||10||1,000||15,000||36.5||Images that will help in making promotion online, and images to be used in during the projects|
|4||Transportation||2 days||------------||150,000||487.8||The amount to spent for transportation of organizers, and the participants from other states of Nigeria.|
|6||Certificate||15||2,000||60,000||146.34||Certificate of participation to participants|
|7||Computers Rental||25 - 30||4,000 X 30||120,000||292.7||The amount for computer rentals, we want each participants to have computer for technical activities and for Wikimedia activities.|
|8||projector Rental||2 days||20,000||40,000||97.6||Projector for two days events.|
|9||Food & snacks||2 days||-------||200,000||487.8||The amount of money to spent for food to participants and organizers during training. Refreshments for participants, it is going to be snacks, water and drinks.|
|10||Medicals||2 days||------||98,000||239.0||Amount to buy medical materials for safety against Covid19, these include nose mask, hand sanitizer, hand wash.|
|11||Branded T-Shirts and Merchandisers||50||-------||89,000||217.0||Merchandisers: T-shirts, Caps and note book.|
|12||Pamphhlet||30||5,000 X 30||150,000||365.8||A small guide book on all the activities of program, to be shared among participants.|
|13||Miscellaneous||------------||100,000||243.9||In case of any unexpected budget which might arise.|
|Grand Total: 1,522,000 NGN / 3,672.14 USD (1 USD = 414.472 Naira to a Dollar as of Jan 13, 2021 in oanda.com)|