Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/Rapid Fund/WLE Brazil 2022 (ID: 21885587)
This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
Marcella Gomes Montenegro Patricialaraia
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
WLE Brazil 2022
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
The contest will increase the number of free photographs of Brazilian Protected Natural sites, loss of biodiversity, and endangered animals.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
We will use our already 2 years of experience with the contest and improve our bases by creating more content for the social media, a strategy that has proven to be the most effective in Brazil.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
Create a video created for social media and Wikimedia Commons, explaining the contest, test the new map tools developed by WMB
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
Wiki Loves Earth
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
Marcella Gomes Montenegro - a previous member of the jury of WLE 2020 and 2021, now part of the organization team, Patricialaraia - a social media expert, part of the organization team of previous years,
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Geography, Topics considered to be of impact or important in the specific context
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
This is a WLE contest.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Education, Culture, heritage or GLAM , Human Rights
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Gender Identity, Geographic , Ethnic/racial/religious or cultural background, Linguistic / Language
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
The idea is to create several activities oriented to photography to keep the volunteers of the organization, jury, and participants closer.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
We follow already the WMF Friendly Space Policy and UCC, but we also create our own Code of Conduct¹ and Agenda for Diversity, and Equity² that takes into consideration the Brazilian reality, and our community mode to insure a healthy environment.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Foto_Community_User_Group/C%C3%B3digo_de_Conduta/en https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Foto_Community_User_Group/Agenda_for_Diversity,_Equity,_and_Inclusion Code
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
We have already exchanged messages with the actual Brazilian WUG about the process.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Invest in Skills and Leadership Development, Identify Topics for Impact, Innovate in Free Knowledge, Evaluate, Iterate, and Adapt
Learning, Sharing, and EvaluationEdit
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
Every WLE makes us have a massive contact with photographers and understand their barriers to enter at the Wikimedia ecosystem. This provides us ways to better work with this data and creates paths to improve their entry.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
|Photos numbers||Uploads made by contesters||1500|
|New up-loaders||Bring new volunteers via the contest||50|
|Older up-loaders||Bring previous contributors||20|
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants|
|Number of editors|
|Number of organizers|
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
WLE has our own tools that had being used for years to that.
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and FeedbackEdit
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).