Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/Rapid Fund/Multilingual Adiutor for Wikipedias (ID: 22111045)
This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
Applicant Details edit
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
Wikimedia Community User Group Turkey Wikimedians of Turkic Languages User Group
Grant Proposal edit
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Multilingual Adiutor for Wikipedias
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
Uzbekistan Azerbaijan Georgia
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
Adiutor is used on the Turkish and Uzbek Wikipedias and is currently being adapted on the Georgian and Azerbaijani Wikipedias.
The tool was first made available on Turkish Wikipedia on 30 May 2022 and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC BY-SA 3.0) and the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
I have been developing this gadget for about 1 year without any charge, but I need funding to continue development and adapt it for use in Turkic languages within 6 months. Adiutor is designed specifically with the needs of Wikipedia editors in mind; it helps them to quickly create discussional or pending deletion requests; give opinions and comments on candidate pages for deletion; create version suppression requests; respond quickly to advisors thanks to the advisor module; keep records of comments in a log; check the copyright status of article content, etc. This tool can also be used in mobile versions of Wikipedia projects.
My Project will enhance the Wikipedia editing experience by giving users more options. I am also committed to using only open-source software when creating new features so that they can be freely shared among all users. I also plan to actively interact with other contributors so that we can collaborate closely together during the development phase.
I believe that my project will help improve the Wikipedia editing experience by providing more tools to users.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
To improve the user experience by providing users who have already developed various processes with a comfortable user experience for their repetitive processes. I believe my project will help improve the Wikipedia editing experience by giving users more tools.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
Adiutor is used in the Turkish and Uzbek Wikipedias and is currently in the process of being adapted in the Georgian and Azerbaijani Wikipedias. First of all, I will start with the improvement and development of the existing features, then I will exchange ideas by interviewing other users and their experiences with the tool, as a result of all the data obtained at the end of this process, I will update Adiutor again and release the new version, after the new version is released, I will take the first steps to adapt Adiutor to other Turkic languages by contacting other project users from the Adiutor page in other Wikipedia projects to adapt Adiutor to other languages.
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
Yes, I have a competent team to develop the project, I will work with User:Adem and User:Kurmanbek to develop this project.
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Education, Open Technology
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
All Wikimedia Foundation projects are welcome to participate in this project.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
I will hold periodic meetings with the other Wikimedia projects participating in this project, and I will transparently share the projects selected for the project and their managers and processes on the project page.
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
I realized this project by talking to the people I met at the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022 and also with the people I was in constant contact within the telegram groups.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Improve User Experience
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation edit
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
After the successful implementation of the project, various procedures that are confusing for users in other Wikipedias where I have implemented the project will be simplified, and in addition to providing users with new technical skills, the user experience on the Wikipedias where Adiutor is implemented will improve, and users will spend less time on simple procedures.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants
|This project will accept participants as a project rather than as individuals, e.g. Georgian Wikipedia, Serbian Wikipedia, etc...
|Number of editors
|Number of organizers
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
This project will receive applications from other Wikimedia projects and will adapt the Adiutor application to selected projects.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
Financial Proposal edit
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback edit
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).