Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/Rapid Fund/1Lib1Ref Training And Edithathon In Hausa Wikipedia (ID: 21873525)
This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
1. Sanusi Gado
- 2. Uncle Bash77
- 3. Alameen200
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
Nigerian Commons photographers user user group and hausa Wikimedians user group.
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
1Lib1Ref Training And Edithathon In Hausa Wikipedia
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
1. As its 1Lib1Ref campaign is coming back again within May 15th, to June 5th, 2022. We are trying to participate in this forth coming campaign in other to ensure most articles in hausa Wikipedia are being properly reference.
- 2. We want to engaged and train Librarians from Arewa House Library in kaduna. This is to help and bring the Librarians along in the movement. Since their existence is very crucial.
- 3. This is important because all Wikipedia articles need citations fir their proper standing and for them to be strenghtning in making references.
- 4. Bringing those Librarians is crucial to the movement this is because of the impact they will bring.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
1. There will be training for the Librarians in other to register them and train them to edit Wikipedia.
- 2. There will be workshop in other to add citation to the more than 200 articles already to listed by the team.
- 3. There will an online training session in other to keep up with the librarians to make sure they keep editing and contributing to Wikimedia movement.
- 4. Since this may campaign seen to bridge gender gab, we plants to add reference to more than 100 women articles.
- 5. We also plan to create 30 women articles in other to bridge the gender gap and goes inline with the 1Lib1Ref Campaign May.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
1. In person training to librarians.
- 2. Online training to keep up with them.
- 3. In person workshop that will bring our editors to add reference to more than 200 articles.
- 4. Giving more emphasis and concern to women articles at the workshop as its been listed in a Doc already.
- 5. Creating 30 women articles at the workshop.
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
1. Yes we have a team of 5 Wikimedia editors. Who are all volunteers. And we are planning to work with the entire community.
- 2. They all menbers of hausa Wikimedian user group.
- 3. They will be in charge of organization, coordinating, and carrying out the trainings both online and offline.
- 4. Their usernames are
Uncle Bash77 Sanusi Gado Alameen200
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Content Gender gap, Topics considered to be of impact or important in the specific context, Cultural background, ethnicity, religion, racial
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
1. The work will address the content gap via focusing more on women articles for referencing and adding more reference to them.
- 2. Creating another 30 women articles and making sire they are fully referenced to be fully standards.
- 3. By registering the librarians whom among them are women.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Education, Culture, heritage or GLAM , Diversity
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Ethnic/racial/religious or cultural background
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
1. The first target participants are members of the Arewa hausa library I.e the librarians.
- 2.Hausa Wikipedia from the entire hausa community,
- 3. We already informed the chief librarian on the plans of the trainings.
- 4. We plant to follow and retain the partiicipants by online trainings to make sure they keep off and also we will add them to our already existence WhatsApp group.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
1. By making sure we follow the Wikimedia friendly space Policy.
- 2. And also by Ensuring the abidance of the Universal code of conduct. The UCOC.
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
1. It been announce on our WhatsApp group.
- 2. We are planning to announce it on hausa Wikipedia community portal. When the proposal is available in meta so that we can add the link that the community can share their feedback and endorsement on the grant.
- 3. The community are involved through the meetings we have and its there we agreed to apply the grant individual. Its our collective decisions with the team.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 12.1 What was the reason for you deciding NOT to develop a joint proposal? How will you guarantee coordination efforts to make sure that you are not duplicating efforts and that you can maximise your work and joint impact.
- 1. We agreed on a collective decisions within the team after subsequent meetings that the grant should be individual but with coordinate and organized effort from the team.
- 2. We are working in teams even though its a individual in other to maximise joint impact.
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
1. We ate working with the Librarians in the arewa house library kaduna.
- 2. The partnership is joint effort to make the trainingn to their members and the edithathon.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Improve User Experience, Coordinate Across Stakeholders, Manage Internal Knowledge, Innovate in Free Knowledge
Learning, Sharing, and EvaluationEdit
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
1. I want to learn to bring Librarians to the movement.
- 2. We want to learn how to keep new editors by strategic ways of online training.
- 3. We want to see the immense contributions of Librarians in the movement.
- 4. We want to learn to bridge the venter gap by referencing women articles better and creating more.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants||The direct participants of this training and edithathon are the Librarians and the people that works in the library||30|
|Number of editors||These are the number of editors that will be available during the events.||20|
|Number of organizers||These are the organisers, the coordinators and the planners of the event.||10|
|Wikipedia||This consist of the new articles created on women in other to help the month campaign to bridge gender gap.||30|
|Wikipedia||These consist of numbers of article to be cited I.e properly reference or we should say add reference to the articles. Giving more consideration to women articles.||200|
|Wikipedia||Polish at least more than 150 women articles with references.||150|
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
We will like to use the outreachy dashboard and the hashtag tool.
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
No link. Its uploaded.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and FeedbackEdit
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).