Compliance and completionEdit
- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Is your project completed?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Did you use any of the grant funds?
- Answer YES or NO.
Activities and lessons learnedEdit
This section describes what the grantee did, and what the grantee learned from implementing the project. This section should be useful to others implementing similar projects and is an opportunity for the grantee to reflect on the project's performance.
- Provide a detailed list of activities performed to complete this project, descriptions of these activities, and the amount of time spent on each activity. This section should also include a list of participants, or a link to pictures, blog posts, or videos from the project or event.
- Promotion of GLAM project and presentation of successful project models
- Maintenance and updating local GLAM site
- Translation of texts, successful stories, models and types of projects
- Active negotiating with GLAM institutions
- Continued cooperation with the Museum of Aviation Belgrade
- Writing dozens new articles
- Collecting almost 90 photos
- Permision for usage of Museum site content under the Creative Commons licence
- Creating a page on Wikipedia about project collaboration with the Museum
- Complementing Did you know? section on Wikipedia with over 100 interesting facts
- Establishing cooperation with authors and publishers from My japanese cookbook
- Getting about 60 recipes that have been placed on the Wiki recipes (writing some of them is still going on)
- Establishing cooperation with Cultural Center Neo Pangea
- Promotion of WLM 2012
- Organizing prize giving event for WLM 2012
- Exhibition of the winnig photos of WLM 2012
- Promotion of WLM 2013
- Organizing prize giving event for WLM 2013
- Exhibition of the winnig photos of WLM 2013
- Launching the project 1001 Arabian word (promotion and attracting volunteers)
- Expanding list of contacts and meeting with potential GLAM partners
- Participating at the fair on the occasion of Global Leaders Summit 2013 Serbia organized by the student organization AIESEC
- Establishing cooperation with Cultural Center in Smederevo
- WLM 2013 - traveling exhibition
- Presentation about Wikipedia and Wikimedia
- Media promotion at local media of Smederevo
- Establishing cooperation with heir of the legacy of poet Desanka Maksimovic
- Collecting and posting photos under Creative Commons licence
- Establishing cooperation with well-known serbian photojournalist Darko Dozet
- Collecting and posting about 60 photos under Creative Commons licence
- Start of the Digital Belgrade project
- Establishing cooperation with Faculty of Organizational Sciences, Cultural Heritage Preservation Institute of Belgrade
- Organizing Edt-a-thon
- Preparation for obtaining articles about Belgrade monuments
- Finding partners for setting up QR codes on the monuments throughout Belgrade
- Organizing meetings with over 20 GLAM institution in Serbia
- Informing the media about projects by sending press releases and announcements
- What lessons were learned that may help others succeed in similar projects? Consider the following questions and respond with 1 - 2 paragraphs.
- What went well?
- The good thing is a great interest of voolunteers to participated into concrete actions. Also on large projects and the results the media coverage has been recorded. In addition, project has been expanded on secundary GLAMs institutions such as Cultural Center, photojournalists, publishing houses and other institutions.
- What did not go well?
- The beginning of the project was characterized by institutions’ not recognizing the possibilities of cooperation. They were very closed for cooperation. This kind of situation led to investing a lot of effort into the negotiations and lobbyng so the institutions at the end recognized the validity of the project. Establishing first positive and concrete progress sometimes requirede even 5 meetings. After that changes in managment structure in institutions occurred, followed by political events in Serbia (parliamentary elections, change of local authorities, changes in ministries and election of new ministers and at the end creating situation that has led to new elections), which over and over again has been returning negotiations to the beginning. However it is important to point out that there is still space and the ability to collaborate with the investment of additional effort and time. Given these circumstances, the implementation of some of the planned projects wasn’t carried out to the end.
- Sometimes, it was hard to comply due to the lack of time needed for negotiations and the insufficient number of GLAM team members. It is important to emphasize that until the end of the year we have increased the number of GLAM team members.
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- Considering the circumstances, we can confirm that some projects have not been carried out, not because of the capacity of WMRS GLAM team, but rather because of other factors. Primarily, we would like to improve our work by expanding the GLAM team, in order to be able to respond to to these challenges promptly, which would lead to the improvement of our capabilities.
Project goal and measures of successEdit
This section should reference the project goals and measures of success described in the approved grant submission. See Grants:PEG/WM RS/GLAM Start Up to review the goals and metrics listed in the approved submission.
- Provide the project goal here.
Local goal is comprised of two subgoals:
- Development of GLAM program and project realization
- Development of the local GLAM team
Global goals include:
- Popularization of using QRpedia
- Popularization of WMF projects within cultural institutions
- Development of Wikimedia projects by writing new articles and obtaining multimedia files.
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 paragraphs.
- This Grant has contributed the development of the GLAM team in Serbia, who has made a whole range of possible models of projects. Those models include all aspects of the GLAM cooperation, which consists of organizing a marathon edit-a-thon, digitalization, posting QRpedia’s QR codes, establishing Wikimedian in resident programs and others. Dozens of glam institutions have been contacted, and also domestic glam site has been developed, which represents the localization of http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM. Glam team is trained to respond to media requests, writing press releases and interviews. We have Incorporated an internal mailing list to facilitate communication between team members. At the end of the year, the number of members in the Glam team has increased, which is a clear indication that Glam projects have a future. For success of some goal, we need more time to see the results of our activities.
- Establishing cooperation on the project Digital Belgrade and work on setting up QR codes led to poromotion and popularization of QRpedia’s QR codes. Many institutions have expressed interest in them, although some have met the technology of QR codes for the first time, and show a positive attitude towards them. The approach to GLAM institutions and presenting opportunities for cooperation, led to the insight of institutions on the width of the aspects of Wikimedia projects and their promotion. The establishment of GLAM cooperation in order to obtain images under CC licenses had directly influenced the enrichment of Wikimedia Commons and given the opportunity to enrich the content in other sister projects of Wikimedia Commons. Edit-a-thons and popularization of writing articles about monuments have contributed greatly to the enrichment of Wikipedia.
Measures of successEdit
- List the measures of success exactly as provided in the approved grant submission, and evaluate your project according to each measure listed there.
- Number of organized and realized projects
- Number of scanned QR codes
- Inclusion in the media
- maintaining the GLAM site
During the project, we have gathered hundreds of photos of many GLAM collaborations. All photos are under CC license appointment to Wikimedia Commons. Number of written articles on Wikipedia is also around hundred and several dozens are on Wiktionary. As for the local GLAM site glam.wikimedia.org, it currently has over 420 pages, 92 of which are in the main namespace. Most articles are bilingual (Serbian and English). In the fields of QR codes, it is currently impossible to give statistics, since the placement of QR codes and the implementation of the project will take place in year 2014.
- Provide an overall assessment of how your project went according to these measures.
- If we look at the challenges that the project met and the frequent delays, we can conclude that it takes more time and completion of the ongoing projects in order to discuss in more detail the performance of the entire program. The success of the program was not largely dependent on the defined measures of success, but if we take into account all the circumstances and all that has been done and the plans for the future, the proposed measures of success may be good for assessing the results of the program.
- If you were to plan a similar project, would you measure it differently? If yes, please explain how.
- Depending on the size of the project, its continuous development and the performance, it is necessary to think about increasing the measures upon which the success shall be measured. Taking into account the aggravating circumstances and the current plan for 2014, the key measure of success will remain the same. The introduction of new measures will depend on the specific project.
This section ties this project to Wikimedia's broader goals, and shows what the project accomplished.
- What impact did this project have on WMF's mission and the strategic goals? Please answer in 1 -2 paragraphs and include specific measures of impact such as the number of readers or editors reached by a particular project, or the number of articles edited or improved.
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
Reporting and documentation of expendituresEdit
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
- These expenses should be listed in the same format as the budget table in your approved submission so that anyone reading this report may be able to easily compare budgeted vs. actual expenses.
- Note that variances in the project budget over 10% per expense category must be approved in advance by Project and Event Grants program staff. For all other variances, please provide an explanation in the table below.
|No||Activity||Qty||Unit||Planned Amount (USD)||Spent Amount (USD)|
|1||Travel costs for organizers (attending meetings; during the project realization or other activities that require travel expenses)||12||months||500.99||150|
|2||Print and papers||12||months||250.5||156,87|
Planed (from approved submission):
|Total||GLAM Start Up||USD 6,914.42||EUR 5,520.5|
|No||Revised||Total Amount (USD)||Total Amount (EUR)|
|2||WM RS & Ohhers||3,094.30||2,470.5|
|Subtotal||USD 6,914.42||EUR 5,520.5|
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- USD 6,914.42
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if the Project and Event Grant is your only funding source)
- USD 4,620.12
- Total amount spent on this project (this total should be the total calculated from the table above)
- USD 406,86
- Total amount of Project and Event grant funds spent on this project (this total will be the same as the total amount spent if the Project and Event Grant is your only funding source)
- USD 406,86
- Are there additional sources of revenue that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- in kind work glam.wikimedia.rs website.
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- 4213,26 USD
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.
- We will return unspent funds or it can be reallocated to next FDC transfer to WMRS 2014 Annual plan budget.