- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Is your project completed?
Activities and lessons learnedEdit
|Planned activities||Level of completion|
|Design, creation and maintenance of a backup (dump) of several local wikis existing in Spain about towns or cities - so called "localpedias", e.g., Madripedia or Wikisalamanca||Currently our server is holding dumps for the following wikis:
|Hosting and maintenance of sites for projects sponsored and/or partially/fully supported by Wikimedia España, such as Wikimedia Loves Monuments or Wikimedia España's main web.|| Fulfilled All these websites are now hosted in the new server:
Additionally, all of them are now accessible under https, which was previously impossible because of using a shared hosting. This has improved the .
|Support and computational platform for research projects of Wikimedia España members and other external contributors in collaboration with the formers.|| Available So far mainly used by the technical team. First projects already in service:
- What worked well?
- We organized the new server in stages. That allowed us to keep our sites running with minor interruptions. The new service proved to be much better than the previous one.
- What didn't work?
- We are still waiting for the complete redesign of our website (we have only completed the new blog) but we have intentions that this can be the first step of further developments of the wikimedia.es site.
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- We have done quite well and the results are as planned. Almost nothing to change.
Outcomes and impactEdit
- Provide the original project goal here.
- Our Internet services have been hosted in spaces from members since our foundation. Now the chapter has grown and needs an exclusive server to host our tools and websites; we also have a team of technical-interested members who want to improve our websites and host new tools for the chapter and Wikimedia projects too.
- Our technical team is composed by members like-jem-, Abián, Platonides, Mangelrp, El Pantera, Pmachon and Wschutz. The service that we have planned to pay for is the following: https://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex40
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 short paragraphs.
- The planned server was ordered and the migration was succesful. As of now all services and tools that used to run in external and provisional servers are now centralized in our own server.
Progress towards targets and goalsEdit
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
We are trying to understand the overall outcomes of the work being funded across our grantees. In addition to the measures of success for your specific program (in above section), please use the table below to let us know how your project contributed to the Global Metrics. We know that not all projects will have results for each type of metric, so feel free to put "0" where necessary.
- Next to each required metric, list the actual outcome achieved through this project.
- Where necessary, explain the context behind your outcome. For example, if you were funded for an edit-a-thon which resulted in 0 new images, your explanation might be "This project focused solely on participation and articles written/improved, the goal was not to collect images."
For more information and a sample, see Global Metrics.
|1. # of active editors involved||0||Not applicable|
|2. # of new editors||0||Not applicable|
|3. # of individuals involved||0||Not applicable|
|4a. # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages||0||Not applicable|
|4b. # of new images/media uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (Optional)||0||Not applicable|
|5. # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects||0||Not applicable|
|6. Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects||0||Not applicable|
- Learning question
- Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?
Option A: How did you increase participation in one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option B: How did you improve quality on one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option C: How did you increase the reach (readership) of one or more Wikimedia projects?
Reporting and documentation of expendituresEdit
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Actual cost per unit||Actual total||Budgeted total||Currency||Notes|
|1||Registration||hetzner.de - EX 40||1||98||98||98||EUR||Registration in the hosting service.|
|2||Amount per month||12||2x49
|596.20||EUR||€49/month x 12 months|
|3||Certificates||Thawte SSL 123 Certificate 256 Bit - domain validated||0||0||0||0||EUR||We noticed we needed a wildcard certificate for wikimedia.es, and not a normal one.|
The rest of certificates were supplied with free CAs.
|AlphaSSL Wildcard Certificate-1 year||1||38.61||38.61||38.61||EUR|
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- 681 EUR
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if PEG is your only funding source)
- 681 EUR
- Total amount spent on this project
- 732.81 EUR
- Total amount of Project and Event grant funds spent on this project
- 681 EUR
- Are there additional sources that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- Own WMES funds
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.