Grants:PEG/WM DK/Buying marketing stuff
- 1 Basic information
- 2 Goals and measures of success
- 3 Project scope and activities
- 4 Budget
- 5 Resources and Risks
- 6 Impact
Grant request detailsEdit
- Are you an organization, a group, or an individual?
- Please provide your name, or the name of the group or organization requesting this grant.
- Please provide the name (or username) of the main contact for this grant request. You do not need to disclose your legal name publicly.
- For groups and organizations only: Please provide the name (or username) of a second contact for this grant request.
- Please link to any relevant documents, including your website if you have one.
- Official project name
Buying marketing items.
- Project start date
- This is the date you begin work on your project. Please include a month, day, and year. You must include a project start date.
- Project completion date
- This is the date you finish work on your project. Please include a month, day, and year. You must include a project completion date.
As soon as possible
- Please describe the project in a few sentences
We want to buy for marketing purposes:
- A retractable banner, which is a banner whis is contained in a metal container when not in use and then retracted, to show that Wikimeia Denmark is present at the event. WMDK participate often in events in the danish open source/open data environment as a signifikant part, but very often we have to work hard to make it clear that we are actually there. That would be a lot easier if we had access to a banner with our name on it.
- Magnetic plates. WMDK are often hosting events in Denmark, like photoshoots. We would like to be able to tell that we are there via the "Magnetic Plates" which are square plates with our name and logo, which are magnetic and so are easily put on and taken off metallic items such as car doors or the like.
Please request your grant in your local currency. WMF is able to grant funds in many currencies. DKK 2,850
- Please provide an equivalent amount in US dollars using the exchange rate provided by Oanda on the date you open this request
For organizations onlyEdit
This section only needs to be completed by organizations requesting grants. Individuals and groups that are not incorporated do not need to complete this section.
- Are you an incorporated organization able to provide local proof of nonprofit status within your country? For-profit organizations are not eligible to receive grants through the PEG program.
- Answer YES or NO.
- Does your organization currently employ or engage any fulltime or part-time staff or contractors? If yes, please tell us how many staff or contractors you employ or engage, along with their functions or a link to your staff page. For example, "2 full time program managers and 1 part-time contractor accountant at 50% FTE each."
Goals and measures of successEdit
Please briefly describe what will be accomplished if the project is successful.
- Project goal
To broaden the knowledge of Wikipedia / Wikimedia Denmark at events in which we participate.
Measures of successEdit
Please provide a list of measurable criteria that will be used determine how successful the project is. You will need to report on the success of the project according to these measures after the project is completed.
- Measures of success
We consider it a succes if we can show that we are present at as many related events as possible.
Project scope and activitiesEdit
Wikimedia Denmark intends to use the retractable banners in events in which we participate, such as:
At various workshops with other open data communities or others.
We intend to use the magnetic plates, when we use cars at events like:
- Photodays in different parts of Denmark
Please provide a detailed breakdown of project expenses according to the instructions here.
Grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
- Project budget table
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||Total cost||USD||Notes|
|1||Marketing items||Rollup banners||1||2||1.125||2.250||DKK||375||USD|
|2||Marketing items||Magnetic plates||1||4||150||600||DKK||100||USD|
- Total cost of project
DKK 2,850 / USD 475
- Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants program
DKK 2,850 / USD 475
- Additional sources of revenue that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded
See a description of non financial assistance available. Please inform Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) of any requirements for non-financial assistance now.
- Requests for non-financial assistance
Resources and RisksEdit
This section is used to highlight your potential for successfully executing this project.
Consider including the following information:
- List of team members (names or usernames):
- Onwiki evidence of community support (such as a project about this discussion):
- Endorsements from community members or movement groups:
- Special skills or qualifications this potential grantee or project lead brings to this project:
- Evidence of past success in executing similar projects:
We know where to buy the items.
This section is used to identify key risks or threats that would prevent you from achieving your project goals and how you would mitigate those risks and threats.
In the sections below, please describe how the project is related to the Wikimedia mission and Wikimedia's strategic priorities.
Fit to strategyEdit
- How will this project support the key organizational objectives of
- increasing reach (more people will access or contribute to Wikipedia or our other projects),
- participation (more people actually contributing),
- quality (more content, more useful content, or higher-quality content),
- credibility (more trust in our projects),
- organizational maturity and effectiveness (how it will move you or the Wikimedia community forward),
- or financial sustainability (how it will help you achieve more in the long run)?
- This statement should address at least one of the strategic priorities listed here specifically. See Project and Event Grants program criteria for decision making.
This project will highlight the presence of Wikimedia Denmark at various events thus encouraging non-contributors to learn about the Wikimedia/Wikipedia project.
- If the project will benefit a specific online community, please tell us.
- Please provide a brief statement about how the project is related to other work in the Wikimedia movement. For example, does the project fit into a work area such as GLAM, education, organizational development, editor retention, or outreach?
Outreach since we are broadening the knowledge of our organisation.
- If successful, will the project have the potential to be replicated successfully by other individuals, groups, or organizations? Please explain how in 1–2 sentences.
- Please list other benefits to the movement here.