Grants:PEG/Vitor Mazuco/Universidade Federal de Uberlândia-01-2015/Report
- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Is your project completed?
Activities and lessons learnedEdit
- Help guidance on the format of an encyclopedic entry, teach edit and present the pillars and main editing rules, and standards and best practices common in Wikipedia.
- I helped many students use Wikipedia, create news articles and help professors how use Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons in many courses.
- I kept the contact and helped professors and students by distance (discussions on Wikipedia, Facebook and email).
- Relevant links:
- What worked well?
- Everyone understood what the Wikipedia, and its operation.
- What didn't work?
- Some students were with very difficult what is encyclopedia article and academic article.
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- I'll teach what is enciclopedic article and how write in Wikipedia.
Outcomes and impactEdit
- Provide the original project goal here.
- The project's goal is to encourage students, teachers and universities to use Wikipedia as a teaching tool, enabling new Wikipedians, developing skills and competencies, collaborative production of free knowledge, and especially helping to improve Wikipedia's quality in Portuguese.
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 short paragraphs.
- So-so, if the students read my links and and have not left everything to the last minute, I believe that can be better.
Progress towards targets and goalsEdit
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|2 or 3 teachers participating directly and 5 others in the symposium||Just 1 teacher participated||We tried more than one teacher, but just one participated in this project.|
|120 students participating||80 students participated||Just one teacher participated with 2 classes with 40 students each|
|60 female participants||I don't know how many female students participated||I don't know how many female students participated|
|1 online ambassadors||Only me||I'm just users that participated|
|At least 10 articles improved||Yes, at least 10 articles was improved||We can found Here, and Here my list of articles and students.|
We are trying to understand the overall outcomes of the work being funded across our grantees. In addition to the measures of success for your specific program (in above section), please use the table below to let us know how your project contributed to the Global Metrics. We know that not all projects will have results for each type of metric, so feel free to put "0" where necessary.
- Next to each required metric, list the actual outcome achieved through this project.
- Where necessary, explain the context behind your outcome. For example, if you were funded for an edit-a-thon which resulted in 0 new images, your explanation might be "This project focused solely on participation and articles written/improved, the goal was not to collect images."
For more information and a sample, see Global Metrics.
|1. # of active editors involved||More than 27 users involved in planning, executing and participating during the project duration.||Number of active editors that participated in education program.|
|2. # of new editors||More than 20 users opened account.||Number of new editing accounts created during the project duration.|
|3. # of individuals involved||All people participating in the project, students and teachers.||Number of students + teachers + ambassadors in education program.|
|4. # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages||no image was added||This project focused solely on participation and articles written/improved, the goal was not to collect images.|
|5. # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects||The Number of articles that were created or improved as a result of the program efforts||Number of articles improved on Portuguese Wikipedia during a semester-long education program.|
|6. Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects||By project, total number of bytes contributed to or deleted from the Wikipedia projects through programs:||Number of bytes added + deleted to Portuguese Wikipedia after an editing campaign, (? added) + (? removed) = ? total bytes|
- Learning question
- Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?
- I don't have the exactly answer about it.
Option A: How did you increase participation in one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option B: How did you improve quality on one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option C: How did you increase the reach (readership) of one or more Wikimedia projects?
- The impact will happen for increase Portuguese Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons articles and contribuition. Spread Wikipedia community with professors and students.
Reporting and documentation of expendituresEdit
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Actual cost per unit||Actual total||Budgeted total||Currency||Notes|
|1||Travel||Airplane||One ticket||2||846,89||846,89||846,89||BRL||I buy two tickets(go and back)|
|2||Hotel||Hotel||1 day||3 days||149,00||447,00||447,00||BRL||3 days in Hotel|
|3||Food & Beverages||Dinner and lunch.||Per person||7||-||182,19||182,19||BRL||Food & Beverages in Uberlandia city.|
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- R$ 1817,13
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if PEG is your only funding source)
- R$ 1817,13
- Total amount spent on this project
- Total amount of Project and Event grant funds spent on this project
- Are there additional sources that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- Total received R$ 1817,13 (1.940,40 - 123,27)
- Total spent R$1476,17
- R$846,89 airplane (TAM)
- R$447,00 hotel
- R$182,19 foods spent
- Total unused funds R$ 340,96
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.
- I want to use this unused funds for back to UFU and make another workshop there in next semester, with news professors and students.