Grants:PEG/Rahmanuddin - Telugu Wikimedians/Telugu Wikipedia Ten years Celebrations/Report
Compliance and completionEdit
- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Is your project completed?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Did you use any of the grant funds?
- Answer YES or NO.
Activities and lessons learnedEdit
This section describes what the grantee did, and what the grantee learned from implementing the project. This section should be useful to others implementing similar projects and is an opportunity for the grantee to reflect on the project's performance.
- Provide a detailed list of activities performed to complete this project, descriptions of these activities, and the amount of time spent on each activity. This section should also include a list of participants, or a link to pictures, blog posts, or videos from the project or event.
- As part of Tewiki10, the following activities were taken up :
- 8 Telugu Wiki training workshops
- Around 60 Telugu Wikipedians gathered for the event and were joined by 6 other Indic wikimedians.
- Around 20 press coverage
- 5 electronic media coverage
- QR coding of the whole KBN college campus was taken up by CIS-A2K with student Wikipedians from the college as participants.
- 55555 article sprint was successfully completed
- Quality improvement of village articles of Guntur and Krishna districts (about 2000 stub articles got improved into start class articles)
- 3 media partners and 1 hospitality partner.
- Event attended by 400 people over 2 days.
- 1 book was released under CC-BY-SA 3.0 license and was uploaded to Telugu Wikisource.
Wiki Training workshopsEdit
|Date||Event details||Media files||Press coverage||Social Media|
|5, 6th December 2013||Wikipedia Training Workshop at National Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management, Hyderabad|
|8th December 2013||Wikipedia Training Workshop at Golden Threshold for Teachers, Hyderabad|
|16 December 2013||Telugu Wikipedia Training Workshop at KBN College, Vijayawada||Press Coverage in Sakshi Newspaper (Telugu)|
|17 December 2013||Telugu Wikipedia Training Workshop at Siddhartha Medical College, Vijayawada|
|18 December 2013||Telugu Wikipedia Training Workshop at Sree Vahini College of Science & Technology, Tiruvur|
|January 18, 2014||Telugu Wikipedia Training Workshop at VVIT, Pedakakani|
|January 20, 2014||Telugu Wikipedia Training Workshop at KBN College, Vijayawada|
|January 21, 2014||Telugu Wikipedia Training Workshop at Sree Vahini College of Science & Technology, Tiruvur|
- Telugu Wikipedia, a treasure trove: Mandali, The Hindu, 16/02/2014
- Wikipedia Decennial celebrations begin, Hans India, 16/02/2014
- 2014 to be observed as ‘Year of Telugu Wikipedia’, The Hans India, 16/02/2014
- తెలుగు అభ్యున్నతికి వికీపీడియా సేవలు అద్భుతం, Sakshi, 17/02/2014
- Telugu on the I Pad, Deccan Chronicle, 20/02/2014
- Vijayawada Wikipedia, HMTV, 08/02/2014
- What lessons were learned that may help others succeed in similar projects? Consider the following questions and respond with 1 - 2 paragraphs.
- What went well?
- The celebrations were done with good participation from almost all active Wikipedians from Telugu community and 6 people from other Indic wikipedia communities. KBN college was QR-coded with Wikipedia articles on the entities associated with college. This is first such college in India probably to get such feature. Ten of the active Wikipedians were awarded with Komarraju Lakshmana Rao Wikipedian Award that triggered more activity in Telugu wikipedia in the consequent month as can be seen from the stats of March 2014.
- What did not go well?
- Due to politically chaotic situation in Andhra Pradesh, the event could not have more Wiki training sessions.
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- From now on, we will try to pull in small city wise anniversary events instead of focusing on one big event in one city.
Project goal and measures of successEdit
This section should reference the project goals and measures of success described in the approved grant submission. See Grants:PEG/Rahmanuddin - Telugu Wikimedians/Telugu Wikipedia Ten years Celebrations to review the goals and metrics listed in the approved submission.
- Provide the project goal here.
- To commemorate 10 years of Telugu Wikipedia and to strengthen Telugu Wikipedia community and its outreach efforts.
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 paragraphs.
- Yes. This project aimed at celebrating Ten years of Telugu Wikipedia's presence. The project involved a series activities ranging from Wikipedia Training sessions to celebrations, media coverage, and much more. This event also made the Telugu community realise that cities other than Hyderabad, where most of our activity was confined, like Vijayawada pull more audience to Wikipedia related open knowledge platforms.
The event pulled in almost all the active community members and few from other Indic communities as well. One month post the event saw many more edits from the felicitated users.
Measures of successEdit
- List the measures of success exactly as provided in the approved grant submission, and evaluate your project according to each measure listed there.
- The measures of success, as posted in proposal are :
- to take the active contributors count from 71 to 300 and to maintain it around 300 or above consistently (since December 2013 we have initiated various outreach programs in collaboration with CIS-A2K, which has already taken this to above 200);
- 500 important articles that should be present in each Wikipedia are expanded from their current stub form.
- To improve stub village articles of three districts around Vijayawada (event location).
- To take active contributors count to 300 may take some more time, and the 500 important articles have been already brought to at least start class level from stub level, and three districts' village articles have been developed into at least a start class article from stub level.
- Provide an overall assessment of how your project went according to these measures.
- We are hopeful of presenting it as soon as the stats for May and June are available, as they fit well for the assessment.
- If you were to plan a similar project, would you measure it differently? If yes, please explain how.
- With the new learnings, we may work in same lines with more intensity and better goals, due to the fact that the community has grown significantly in number.
This section ties this project to Wikimedia's broader goals, and shows what the project accomplished.
- What impact did this project have on WMF's mission and the strategic goals? Please answer in 1 -2 paragraphs and include specific measures of impact such as the number of readers or editors reached by a particular project, or the number of articles edited or improved.
- As per Stabilizing Infrastructure, this event proved to bring in KBN College at Vijayawada to organize community event like Tewiki10 at their premises. The event saw lot of increased editing and thus participation. Students and faculty of KBN college were trained in editing Wikipedia. They successfully converted their campus to have QR codes of Wikipedia articles related to their campus. Several articles have been improved by the participants at the event, this means there is Quality Improvement. Also, this has increased reach for Telugu Wikipedia. This did not directly have anything in plan or implementation for the innovation encouragement. But students of KBN college created a lamp post in the shape of Wikipedia globe, which was highly appreciated by the community present.
Reporting and documentation of expendituresEdit
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
Date Time City Vendor Vendor ID Amount Currency Purchase Purpose of purchase Receipt status 17 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Hotel Ilapuram 118.00 INR Food Food Receipts Available 08 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Hotel Ilapuram 166.00 INR Food Food Receipts Available 16 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Hotel Ilapuram 59.00 INR Food Food Receipts Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Hotel Ilapuram 118.00 INR Food Food Receipts Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Hotel Ilapuram 248.00 INR Food Food Receipts Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Hotel Ilapuram 59.00 INR Food Food Receipts Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada K.B.N College CANTEEN 25,000.00 INR Food Food Receipts Available 16 February 2014 IST Vijayawada K.B.N College CANTEEN 30,000.00 INR Food Food Receipts Available 07 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Naval Kishore Javar 15,500.00 INR Plaque Receipts Available 16-17 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Ilapuram Travels 8,249.00 INR Transport Transport Receipts Available 14 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Sree Sai Srinivasa Book Depot 1,520.00 INR Note Books Receipts Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Hotel Raj 1,785.00 INR Room Accomidation Receipts Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Prabhudeva Sounds 4,500.00 INR Chairs Receipts Available 13 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Vishnu Marketing 2,640.00 INR Receipts Available 16 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Sweet Magic 930.00 INR Cake Receipts Available 14 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Sai Photo Lamination 1,800.00 INR Badges Receipts Available 14 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Sai Photo Lamination 3,300.00 INR Certificates Receipts Available 14 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Sai Photo Lamination 2,600.00 INR Photo Print Lamination Receipts Available 17 December 2014 IST Southern Railway 330.00 INR Train Fare Receipts Available 10 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Hotel Anand Bhavan 290.00 INR Food Food Receipts Available 14 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Sri Padmaja Graphics 240 INR Certificates Receipts Available 14 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Sri Padmaja Graphics 4,048.00 INR A3 Colour Prints Receipts Available 14 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Printers 170.00 INR Cutting Receipts Available 14 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Sri Ganesh Pen Mart 800.00 INR Pens Receipts Available 15 February 2014 IST Southern Railways 675.00 INR Train Fare Receipts Available 12 January 2014 IST KSRTC 889.00 INR Bus Fare Receipts Available 22 January 2014 IST Vijayawada Hotel Durga 300.00 INR Food Food Receipts Available 06 February 2014 IST Hyderabad APSRTC 317.00 INR Bus Fare. Receipts Available 20 January 2014 IST Hyderabad APSRTC 322.00 INR Bus Fare. Receipts Available 22 January 2014 IST Hyderabad APSRTC 322.00 INR Bus Fare. Receipts Available 21 January 2014 IST Vijayawada Hotel Raj Towers 2,259.00 INR Room Rent Accomidation Receipts Available 04 March 2014 IST Vijayawada Arjun Rao Chavala 1,000.00 INR Scholarship for Telugu wikipedia. Voucher Available 10 March 2014 IST Vijayawada 6 Students 3,000.00 INR Honarium for 6 students. Voucher Available 18 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Hotel Ilapuram 98,639.00 INR Accomidation. Receipts Available 12 February 2014 IST Tirupur Boltell Infomedia Pvt Ltd. 73,800.00 INR Shirts Receipts Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada 500.00 INR Stationery Expenses Voucher Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Internet Expenses 5000.00 INR Internet n Mobile Charges Voucher Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada 2000.00 INR Food Voucher to Kashap. Voucher Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada Press Release 270.00 INR Press Release Voucher Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada 18,000.00 INR Travel Scholarship to Locals Voucher Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada 12,000.00 INR Travel Scholarship to Indian Wikipedians. Voucher Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada 2,000.00 INR Honorium to Students Voucher Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada 1,00,000.00 INR KLRWP Award Voucher Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada 5,000.00 INR Documentation Expense Voucher Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada 2,790.00 INR Pre-conference travel accomidation to Sujatha Voucher Available 15 February 2014 IST Vijayawada 28,000.00 INR Expenses towards Momentos, Slags to Vishwanath. Voucher Available
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
- These expenses should be listed in the same format as the budget table in your approved submission so that anyone reading this report may be able to easily compare budgeted vs. actual expenses.
- Note that variances in the project budget over 10% per expense category must be approved in advance by Project and Event Grants program staff. For all other variances, please provide an explanation in the table below.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Actual cost per unit||Actual total||Budgeted total||Currency||Notes|
|1||Pre conference Expenses||Accomodation||Per person 1000||5 Persons, 2 days||10000||10000||10000||INR|
|2||Pre conference Expenses||Wikiacademies||100||10||1000||1000||1000||INR|
|3||Pre conference Expenses||Meetings||Per person 1000||5 Persons||5000||5000||5000||INR|
|4||Pre conference Expenses||Transportation||Per person 1000||20 Persons||20000||20000||20000||INR|
|5||Pre conference Expenses||Offline CD||Per CD 50||500 Nos||25000||25000||25000||INR|
|6||Community Participation Support||Travel Expenses (Telugu Community)||Per person 1000||40 Persons||40000||40000||40000||INR|
|7||Community Participation Support||Travel Expenses (India Community members)||Per person 2000||20 Persons||40000||40000||40000||INR|
|8||Community Participation Support||Accomodation||Per person 800||80 Persons, 2 days||128000||128000||128000||INR|
|9||Felicitation of Community Members||Komarraju Lakshmana Rao Wikipedian Award||Per person 10000||10 Persons||100000||100000||100000||INR|
|10||Felicitation of Community Members||Momentos||Per person 180||100 Persons||18000||18000||18000||INR|
|11||Food and Local Transport||Breakfast||Per person 40||100 Persons, 2 days||8000||8000||8000||INR|
|12||Food and Local Transport||Local Transport||Per person 200||100 Persons, 2 days||20000||20000||20000||INR|
|13||Food and Local Transport||Lunch||Per person 80||100 Persons, 2 days||16000||16000||16000||INR|
|14||Food and Local Transport||Dinner||Per person 100||100 Persons, 2 days||20000||20000||20000||INR|
|15||Food and Local Transport||Tea,Coffee||Per person 20||200 Persons, 4 times||16000||16000||16000||INR|
|16||SWAGs||T-shirts||Per Unit 399||200 Units||79800||79800||79800||INR|
|17||SWAGs||Stickers||Per Unit 2||1000 Units||2000||2000||2000||INR|
|18||SWAGs||Banners||Per Unit 500||10 Units||5000||5000||5000||INR|
|19||SWAGs||Prints, Copies||Per Unit 1||500 Units||500||500||500||INR|
|20||SWAGs||Posters||Per Unit 40||20 Units||800||800||800||INR|
|21||Infra||Venue||Per Day 10000||2 Days||20000||20000||20000||INR|
|22||Infra||PA system||Per Day 1000||2 Days||2000||2000||2000||INR|
|23||Infra||Wifi, Internet||Per Day 7500||2 Days||15000||15000||15000||INR|
|24||Infra||Projector||Per Unit 2000||2 Units, 2 Days||8000||8000||8000||INR|
|25||Infra||Stationery||Per Unit 50||100 Units||5000||5000||5000||INR|
|26||Public Awareness||Radio||Per Unit 0||0 Units||0||0||0||INR|
|27||Public Awareness||Handouts||Per Unit 1||1000 Units, 2 days||2000||2000||2000||INR|
|28||Public Awareness||Banners, Posters||Per Unit 5000||1 Units, 3 days||15000||15000||15000||INR|
|29||Public Awareness||Print Media||Per Unit 20000||1 Units||20000||20000||20000||INR|
|30||Public Awareness||Electronic Media||Per Unit 0||0 Units||0||0||0||INR|
|31||Public Awareness||Video Shooting||Per day 5000||2 days||10000||10000||1000||INR|
|32||Public Awareness||Documentation||Per day 2500||2 Members, 2 Units||10000||10000||1000||INR|
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- ₹.6,62,100/- ($10,747.10)
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if the Project and Event Grant is your only funding source)
- ₹. 4,29,300/- ($6,968.38)
- Total amount spent on this project (this total should be the total calculated from the table above)
- ₹.6,62,100/- ($10,747.10)
- Total amount of Project and Event grant funds spent on this project (this total will be the same as the total amount spent if the Project and Event Grant is your only funding source)
- ₹.6,62,100/- ($10,747.10)
- Are there additional sources of revenue that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- Yes, ₹. 2,32,800 ($3,778.79) from CIS-A2K program
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- INR 0
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.