Grants:PEG/Iván Martínez/Wiki Loves Monuments México exhibition
- Legal name of organization or individual requesting this grant
- Iván Martínez
- Grant contact name
- Iván Martínez
- Grant contact username or email
- Grant contact title (position)
- President of Wikimedia México
- Project lead name
- Carmen Alcázar
- Project lead username or email
- wotancito at gmail.com
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Vocal of Wikimedia México and Wiki Loves Monuments México coordinator.
- Full project name
- Wiki Loves Monuments México winner photos exhibition
- Amount requested in USD or local currency (USD will be assumed if no other currency is specified)
- 917.4 USD
- Provisional target start date
- November 25, 2012
- Provisional completion date
February 15, 201315 August 2013
Budget breakdown edit
|Printing costs for images of winning and finalist photographs from 2012 for display||8000 MXN / USD 613|
|Printing costs for info cards for display||1000 MXN / USD 75,70|
|Printing and manufacture costs for vinyl letters for walls||10 x 200 MXN = 2000 MXN / 10 x 15,14 = USD 153|
|Two roll-up banners with metal support with logotypes of WLM, WMF and WM-MX||2 x 500 MXN = 1000 MXN / 2 x 37,85 = USD 75,70|
|Total||12,108 MXN - 917,4 USD|
- Current exchange rate: 1 USD = 13.20 MXN
Project goal edit
Due to the richest heritage we have in Mexico and the local interest and support, we organize Wiki Loves Monuments (WLM) in Mexico and we have very successful results with the participation of 482 photographers with over 10 000 pictures uploaded. The aim of this project is to publicize the contest winning photos in public spaces, inspire other mexican photo lovers to participate in 2013, spread awareness of the Creative Commons characteristics of the contest, recognize the work of the winning photographers, and draw attention to the work of the volunteers behind Wikimedia, WLM and Wikimedia México.
Project scope and list of activities edit
We will make an awards event at the Museo Universitario del Chopo of Mexico City on November 28, 2012, in which we want to display the winning photos. The museum will support with the venue and the curator work. To maximize the investment made for this exhibition at the Museum, we want install also it in another ten exhibitions in cultural venues and schools of Mexico City during December of 2012 and January and February of 2013. Most of them are very high-traffic public places.
- Museo Universitario del Chopo, UNAM.
- Facultad de Filosofía y Letras, UNAM.
- Facultad de Química, UNAM.
- Facultad de Ciencias Políticas y Sociales, UNAM.
- Facultad de Economía, UNAM.
- Escuela Nacional de Trabajo Social, UNAM.
- Telmex Hub, Mexico City.
- Centro Convive ISSSTE, Mexico City.
- Facilities of Lotería Nacional, Mexico City.
- Metro de la Ciudad de México, Mexico City.
- UAM Iztapalapa, Mexico City.
- Universidad de la Comunicación, Mexico City.
Non-financial requirements edit
Fit to strategy edit
- Increasing reach and participation: we will remark the Wikimedia and Wikipedia vinculation to the contest, publicizing our projects and inviting to contribute to them. We want to draw attention about our volunteer initiatives. Also, we will increase the awareness through some mentions in the press about the exhibition.
- Organizational maturity and effectiveness: this is our first initiative into some different public spaces about the local work of the Wikimedia movement.
Other benefits edit
Not for now.
Measures of success edit
Success of this project should be measure through following subject:
- Number of visitors in each venue
- Increasing the interest of more persons and institutions to having the exposition and in the contest in 2013.
We're on the last phase of our legal recognition as a chapter. We expect to have the bank account last week of November or the first of December. For this reason and to avoid possible delays, I request this grant individually and not as Wikimedia Mexico.