任务：请求 WMF 开始开发全域模板
The Obstacle: Uncertainty about community support
For the WMF to decide on planning for this program they need to be convinced there is sufficient support by the communities. They doubt if sufficient local project communities support starting a program to work on developing infrastructure for global templates.
WMF decision timeline for Annual Plan
A program has to be set up, which requires planning, organization and a budget. The fiscal year of the WMF is July to June. The Annual Plan (and budget) is decided upon in May at the C-level within the WMF, and in June by the Board of Trustees of the WMF. Global templates should become a program on the 2021/2022 Annual Plan of the WMF.
Question(s) for the conversation at the local projects
Does your local project community support an initiative to ask the Wikimedia Foundation to budget, and reserve money to be spent on a program to work on developing infrastructure for global templates?
You can help move this program forward by:
- Translating this page
- Setting up a page on your local project to:
- Inform your local community about the community wish for global templates
- Collect feedback, objections or concerns
- Follow local project decision process to inform whether the local community supports this program, or want to raise objections or concerns
- Add your name to the list below, name your local project, supply a link to a local project page where this proposal is discussed, and later, the outcome of the discussion (support or not), and the number of supporters
This page is deliberately kept concise to enable translation to as many languages as possible. Please raise questions on the talk page.