We use a Toolforge account separately from the Cloud VPS account because it has built-in support for forwarding e-mail.
email@example.com: This is sent to all current CVN Sysadmins (both those with root access, and those with regular shell access). Member list (public) - https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org/tools/id/cvn.
The maintainers e-mail list can be modified by current members via the Toolsadmin interface at https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org/tools/id/cvn/maintainers/. They should be kept in sync with the Users and Administrators groups of the "cvn" Cloud VPS settings. See T47828 for email forwarding as part of Cloud VPS.
The admins lists (as well as any other suffix behind
cvn.) are implicit aliases for
cvn.maintainers. We use these for the purpose of Nick management due to the limit of 5 NickServ accounts per e-mail address.
See wikitech:Help:Toolforge#Email for more details about how e-mail forwarding works in Toolforge.
Wikimedia Cloud VPS Edit
Lead by: Krinkle.
Our environment at Wikimedia Cloud VPS is our primary cluster from which tools and bots are run.
Bots (applications) on these servers are automatically kept running via stillalive. A periodic cron run of stillalive on each server ensures all bots pooled on that server are running.
- List of servers: https://openstack-browser.toolforge.org/project/cvn
- Find server monitoring, admin logs, and more: https://cvn.wmcloud.org/
- Server provision: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/labs/countervandalism/cvn-infrastructure/+/HEAD/
- Server configuration: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/labs/countervandalism/stillalive/+/HEAD/localSettings-cvn.yaml
- cvn-api: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/labs/countervandalism/cvn-api/
Our primary web server running the web services.
Pool of app servers running the bots.
Lead by: Az1568.
- DigitalOcean instance which is externally managed.
We used to run the bots at Toolserver. In 2013, the CVN bots were migrated to Wikimedia Cloud VPS.