Community Wishlist Survey 2022/Miscellaneous/simple export of SpecialPages
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
simple export of SpecialPages
- Problem: There are special pages like ancient, lonely or what links here. If someone wants use this list for further work he must copy it, in some cases clean (e.g. in Special:AncientPages delete date or add [] or both) and then use. It would be useful, if this list can be exported as wikipage, plaintext, csv or json.
- Proposed solution: Provide possibility to export specified number or all entries in special page.
- Who would benefit: Maintenancers, experienced users, bot operators
- More comments: This is possible using Petscan or Quarry, but needs more skills and not everything is possible. Petscan is easier to use, but probably not useful for creating list of lonelypages. query have more possibilities, but only few users know how to use it.
- Phabricator tickets: phab:T248440
- Proposer: JAn Dudík (talk) 09:54, 20 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Lectrician1 (talk) 05:17, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Dexxor (talk) 14:22, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support OwenBlacker (Talk) 23:04, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support JAn Dudík (talk) 23:24, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Riha (talk) 14:06, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Libcub (talk) 22:32, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support JPxG (talk) 00:45, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support But, we need to update special pages (for database reports) more quickly. Thingofme (talk) 01:43, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Wargo (talk) 21:48, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support 公車迷阿暄 (talk) 08:29, 5 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support - Darwin Ahoy! 14:49, 5 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Ayumu Ozaki (talk) 07:24, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support --Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 17:36, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support — DaxServer (t · c) 21:11, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Rots61 (talk) 22:20, 8 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support and when you copy the titles, you can even unexpectedly find (on some special pages) RTL tag at the end. Exporting even via API would be more convenient than copying. Sunpriat (talk) 01:21, 11 February 2022 (UTC)