Community Wishlist Survey 2022/Miscellaneous/Wikiversity Seminars
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: Wikiversity lacks interactive features for students. Traditional classroom courses feature instructor questions and answers and topical classroom discussions. This interactive access to instructors, discussion leaders, and other students is missing from Wikiversity and diminishes the utility of the platform.
- Proposed solution: Provide a mechanism, optionally linked from Wikiversity courses, that allows conscientious students and educators to schedule a video chat session, invite others to participate, or join a scheduled session.
- Who would benefit: Wikiversity students, content creators, and those wishing to lead discussions based on Wikiversity learning resources.
- More comments: A structured method to schedule a zoom (or other existing video chat system, preferably one that allows free access) session would be sufficient. There is no need to develop a new video chat service.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Lbeaumont (talk) 15:15, 12 January 2022 (UTC)
- Lbeaumont, there is Wikimedia Meet (via Jitsi software). Dunno about the scheduling. --Gryllida 21:10, 13 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Mbrickn (talk) 15:47, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support I want this to be a scheduling class and have meetings together. Have some courses in Wikiversity? Thingofme (talk) 01:46, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support - Darwin Ahoy! 19:48, 4 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support --Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 17:27, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support paul2520 (talk) 14:53, 7 February 2022 (UTC)
- Weak support link to a scheduled wikimedia meet. Only giving a weak support due to concerns about users becoming inactive. If the meetings are recorded and automatically linked I will give a support. -📜GIFNK📖DLM💻MMXX🏰 (TALK🎙 | CONTRIBS) 16:27, 10 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Yair rand (talk) 00:26, 11 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Jl sg (talk) 10:07, 11 February 2022 (UTC)