Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Multimedia and Commons/Photo challenge
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: With a large number of images (> 100), the coordination is very cumbersome and time-consuming.
- Who would benefit: Wikimedia Commons and all participants in the Photo challenge.
- Proposed solution: Improvement of the voting through a simple and user-friendly program interface.
- More comments: It would be helpful, for example, if you could filter out photos that you do not want to award points in order to gradually reduce the number. It may be possible to use the same method as for "Picture of the Year". In addition, a simple integration of the images is desirable, as in my experience this is often done wrong. If it is the aim and purpose of the Photo challenge to win new participants (photos), then IMHO should also provide an adequate user interface.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: F. Riedelio (talk) 10:13, 25 November 2020 (UTC)
- Hello, there's Commons:Featured pictures and Commons:Picture of the Year. Do you suggest that each media page has a "vote now" button? --NaBUru38 (talk) 20:59, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Jarekt (talk) 16:26, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support ThomasLendt (talk) 13:58, 13 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Hu Nhu (talk) 20:38, 14 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support WTM (talk) 01:21, 15 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Kakila (talk) 08:25, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support as proposer F. Riedelio (talk) 10:02, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Risk Engineer (talk) 15:54, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Nadzik (talk) 11:50, 19 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support S8321414 (talk) 14:28, 21 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Golmore (talk) 17:45, 21 December 2020 (UTC)