Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Wikiversity/PROGRESS REPORT Feature
PROGRESS REPORT Feature
- Problem: Need a Performance related Feature for both The Reader's & Author's.
- Who would benefit: The Wikiversity users , course authors .all the learning community that Wikimedia Foundation project can support.it will certainly give a boost to fulfill Wikiversity & the wikimedias goal.
- Proposed solution: To implement this features we can take a approach similar to moodle's ."Activity completion". MOODLE is in open licence.
- More comments: It is obvious that it can be implemented for the reader's,cause Wikiversity already have many officialy completed 'resources' https://en.m.wikiversity.org/wiki/Category:Completed_resources
At first we should create a MOODLE style "layout".for the current "Learn by doing" courses. The current policy permit's it cause it isn't about 'conventional courses'.It's actually the current Wikiversity style learning only with a technical 'layout'.
Wiki course authors will have the options to choice 'Course formats' . admin will have privilege to limit 'course formats' when necessary .
After getting a 'layout' it should be easy to implement the 'progress report' features.
I think this is hardly applicable at this stage of Wikiversity when there is not a uniform method or platform for course creating. I wonder that this solution would also need some programming on the site of Wikiversity like creating course platform, which will have a stable format and which will allow developers to plug other features like progress report. Juandev (talk) 21:46, 10 November 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks @Juandev:
, to raise this valid question . Actually that's the reason why I advised to implement a MOODLE style "layout" first . Then we will be 1 step closer to get a "uniform method or platform for course creating". Hope you got your answer .THANKS.--MASUM THE GREAT (talk) 09:44, 27 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Scott Thomson (Faendalimas) talk 15:22, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support OhanaUnitedTalk page 16:22, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 15:35, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support 游魂 16:57, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 18:21, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Josephine W. (talk) 23:23, 27 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Yes, a student can organize his courses. AirSThib (Flight attendant · Flights), the 11:09, 30 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Because, This section is low article DelwarHossain (talk) 12:58, 2 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 17:38, 2 December 2019 (UTC)