Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Archive/Import top features from UDEMY, MOODLE, docebo
Import top features from UDEMY, MOODLE, docebo
Outside the scope of Community Tech
Better Collaboration: In the current "Learn by doing" courses, authors could increase interactivity by useing 'REAL TIME collaborative edit' feature for the sake of reader/learner.
- Who would benefit: The Wikiversity users , course authors .all the learning community that Wikimedia Foundation project can support.it will certainly give a boost to fulfill Wikiversity & the wikimedias goal.
- Proposed solution: First of all, "community tech team" would know the best way to implement it. They are the expert's.
- More comments: Some of concerns about 'Wikiversity improvement' could be found here .please check it out https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ahm_masum/test4
It would be nice if author's/reader could collaborate with each other in realtime ,for learning/ better understanding purposes. just like eatherpad, which is also in open licence.So it Could be implemented in wikiversity as a feature for group learning.
In the current implementation the 'database' service isn't appropriate .It should be fixed when implementing for Wikiversity.
Wikimedia has many tools hosted in 'Cloud VPS' ,why can't it also?
They already have some experience with 'eatherpad' . So a Wikiversity implement wouldn't be heard to achieve.
- i like the idea in the sense that educational features should be implemented. the best example i know is edx. see e.g. python for data science. maybe you want to reformulate a little, focus more? --ThurnerRupert (talk) 05:50, 24 October 2019 (UTC)
- I like the idea, too, and think it could be very useful in general to adopt advanced learning tools on Wikiversity taking inspiration from other learning platforms. --Daniele Pugliesi (talk) 20:56, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
- MASUM THE GREAT, thank you for submitting this proposal! This wish could be very exciting; it's just too large (for the Community Tech) in its current form. So, we have an idea for you: Perhaps you could identify one feature in this wish that you would like to be implemented. Alternatively, you (or other members of the community) could submit multiple features as as separate wishes. Thank you—and we look forward to see if there are updates to this wish! --IFried (WMF) (talk) 21:43, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks IFried (WMF). Feel free to split this proposal by any means. If community tech team have to (heavily) narrow it down to 1 simplest proposal then they should choice "progress report" features, just saying.--MASUM THE GREAT (talk) 13:45, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
.I've already split this into 2 different proposal. Please see 'PROGRESS REPORT Feature' & 'Modern Interface for Video Course's' .
If you want to remove this proposal then please replace it with 'this (my 3rd proposal)'
- Good idea. Wiki Movimento Brasil User:joalpe is working on a Moodle format for Wikiversity.
- Merge with ThurnerRupert's "electronic course features analysis" proposal? The anyone-can-edit/quality-control issue seems separate from the technical capabilities, and as it is more political than technical, the Community Wishlist may not be a good place to discuss it. HLHJ (talk) 22:30, 3 November 2019 (UTC)
- MASUM THE GREAT, thank you for creating the smaller proposals (which break up this wish into more manageable chunks). For this reason, I'll now archive this original proposal, which is unfortunately out of scope for the team. Again, thank you! --IFried (WMF) (talk) 19:13, 19 November 2019 (UTC)