|Bridges across Cultures
3rd edition, December 1st-31th, 2019
Welcome to the Wikipedia editing contest around the cultures of Latin America, Russia and the Middle East and North Africa!
- What?: The Bridges across Cultures contest is an editing contest organized by different Wikimedia affiliates with the goal to promote cultural exchange between three regions of the world: Latin America, Russia and the Middle East & North Africa (MENA). Its third edition will be organized in December 2019.
- When?: The editing contest runs from 00:01 December 1st to 23:59 December 31st, 2019 (UTC).
- How?: To participate, you first need to subscribe to the list of participants. Then, create or expand articles related to the participating countries according to your language. The articles created should be related to one of the following categories:
- Visual arts, cinema and TV
- Cuisine and traditions
- You can also take a look at the list of proposed articles in case you need some inspiration!
- According to the level of improvement of the articles, you will receive points and the winner will be the participant with the most points at the end of the contest.
- There will be extra points if you edit articles regarding prioritized countries or regions!
- Who?: Any Wikimedia user signed in the list of participants before 23:59 December 31st, 2019 (UTC).
- Where?: For the 2019 edition, you can participate in the following Wikipedia editions:
|أر ایشا ای نسخهٔ ویکیپدیانَ ترجمه کنیتو
|ایشا ایتریت ای منطقئله ویرایش کنیتو
|عربی ، فارسی و ترکی
|اسپانیایی وُ پرتغالی
خاورمیانَه و بالای اِفریقا
|روسی ، باشقیری ، لزگی ، چچنی
خاورمیانه وُ بالای اِفریقا
- Why?: The goal of the contest is to promote cultural exchange between different regions of the world. Although Wikipedia has been an unique opportunity to expand the access to knowledge from every corner of the world, there is still a difference in the quality of articles and a bias towards Western European and North American content. We expect this contest can help to promote cooperation across the world and increase the access to content with a global perspective.